Tidal Connect Failures

When i put on a album via tidal connect on my phone and album play along after 1-2 tracks i cant see which is playing on the Tidal app as the app do not sync.
Its only possible to see which track are playing on the volumio app.
So i cant switch track inside the tidal app only possible to turn music off switch off the Tidal connect and re-connnect again if i want to pick the same album or listening to another.

Havent connect support with log as i not so technical skilled on that part.
But how can i find the log?
And where to send the to?

Paste the link to the log file here in the thread.

I put on a album use Tidal connect from my phone
And after the 3rd track when open the screen to check tidal the tidal connect is not in sync in tidal it was still at the 3rd track on the album, but in volumio we are at 4rd track, so volumio is sync even when use Tidal connect but the tidal app does not

See log

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/asD39GI.html

I’m not sure, but maybe it has to do with how the Tidal app is being refreshed / updated by the phone’s OS (Android)?

Does this happen when you switch to other apps or leave the phone alone for the duration of those 3 tracks, or does it happen always, even if you maintain the phone on the Tidal app alone and always active by browsing through it?

When i leave the phone alone for 2-3-4 tracks and the screen turn off when i then turn on screen and click into the Tidal app, songs aint sync with album list.

This sounds like an OS / app refresh issue after a suspended state when the phone sleeps or assigns resource priorities to other apps in use and places the Tidal app in the background.

A quick online search shows reports of this issue in platforms other than Volumio for over the past 3 years or so, which could point to it being a Tidal Connect bug.

If it helps, a reddit forum user mentions that they solved their case by making sure they forced a single-band network connection for their streamer and control phone or tablet. That is, everything is always on only 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz, but not switching between both.

Thx on the feedback, but a little weird because i haven’t had this problem before but now the last 1-2 months.
Even so my wifi is set only to 5g on Samsung s21 and Samsung tablet

Hi, I just sent a logfile. Only had to skip a couple of songs for the playback to stop again, every time I use it (I know this as the DAC goes blank, the current song gets stuck on the RPi4 display). It’s lucky I kept the CCA and Yamaha BT Coax.

• Ver 3.661
  • Test Mode = True
  • Plugins Test Mode = false
  • SSH (not sure)
  • Need to reboot Volumio to fix.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/BPACRCY.html

Thanks,

How quickly are you switching tracks? I find that I can trigger the error with more of a bash of quick track changes, seconds in between, rather than with more regular use. And, again, it appears between Tidal Connect and ALSA.

Hi, seems to happen regardless of that, or if you don’t touch it at all. Never used to happen so I’m not sure what got cocked up.

Cheers

Actually i dont switch tracks that much when i find a album or playlist i put it on and let it play to the end or all most

I think that the issue here is Tidal related there app lose connection with volumio.
Inside the native volumio app or browser everything runs find

Yes so do it, but it’s broken and used to work before all these updates this year.

I can confirm it works great and as it should when playing my own collection in native volumio.

@G-rig your missing the point here buddy volumio native app aint the topic here.

Huh? I know exactly what the problem is pal, Tidal Connect & Volumio.
Have you even tested using the Tidal App on phone or PC?

I was replying to your comment:

Blockquote
Inside the native volumio app or browser everything runs find

Of course it works find in native volumio with other sources.
I may have to just ‘save’ a few more flac albums offline.

@G-rig yes i have tested the Tidal app on phone its actually only there the issue is using Tidal connect inside the mobile app to volumio

Yes mobile app and PC app has problems.

Wonder if its a Tidal issue?

I know Tidal Connect isn’t perfect and just tried reinstalling the app.
It’s very responsive when playing to system default device. You can also test by casting to a Chromecast device (Google nest), still slight delay as expected but pretty solid & can seek tracks (prev/next). Volumio craps out just by skipping one or two songs.

dunno