Tidal Connect Failures

Thanks for the feedback!

I am confused… Where can I find the changelog and release notes?
Also, I am on version 3.631 and Volumio says I am already up2date :frowning:

v3.649 is an alpha test release. If you want to take the risk, enable test mode via yourvolumioipaddress/dev.

Probably the stable release will follow in a few days.

Ah, sorry. Didnt saw that it was an alpha release. Not sure if I want to take the risk. Let’s see how annoying the problems are today. Maybe I will take the risk then :smiley:
Besides that, still the question were I can find the official changelog? :slight_smile:

1 Like

He used a TEST build, not yet released, that’s why its not in the changelog

I am well aware of what a Test / Alpha build is. It was simply not clear for me from his post. :slight_smile:
And looks like I was a little blind when I searched for the changelog.
Sorry for spamming this thread. It would be OK for me if we delete the last messages to keep this thread clear.

you can delete it yourself, no problem if it stays there :slight_smile:

Yes sorry, should have said it was an alpha release - I was too excited.

Still seems pretty rock solid for me. Not sure if it’s my imagination but skipping tracks also seems faster now.

What are you using Instead, native tidal connect?

Shame. Was about to say the latest update (yesterday)l was good but can’t handle doing a seek back a song or two

May just downloaded everything for offline and play own collection or Bluetooth. Shame bloody Room is ridiculously expensive.

I’m using native Tidal Connect from the phone (Android) or computer (Apple) to the Wiim Pro app and coax out of the Wiim to a full rendering MQA DAC. Zero problems. Wiim includes a 10 band EQ or 4 band PEQ, if you like that too. Every time I tried to add the EQ functionality to Volumio the app would eventually start acting up and have to be wiped. Sorry guys this app isn’t worth paying for. I tried it for 2 one year subscriptions and it never improved, it actually got worse for my use case.

It’s a good thing I have a coax input reserved on the RME for my Yamaha YBA-11 Bluetooth adaptor, best thing I ever bought.

What the status for now about this Tidal connect issue?

Fkn horrid

Not fixed.

Also still have the same problem.

With spotify all good

Fyi- this topic aint about Spotify

As an update, this bug also affects long playlist playback. I tried listening to the Encore: New in Classical Tidal playlist today and the connection between Tidal Connect & Volumio dropped out around track no. 20.

No skipping or searching involved. It simply happened. As usual, I had to reboot for playback from any other source as the “failed to open ALSA device” error message appeared.

Once again, hope the fix comes soon.