Raspberry Pi 5 just announced

Pi5 is in system now. I observe that CPU temperature is higher than Pi4. I ordered official coller. Because my Volumio works non stop till I install coller I underclocking Pi5. It works. I have the same fast Volumio start but lower temperatures.

I put into userconfig:

over_voltage_delta=-20000
arm_freq=1800
gpu_freq=500

I tried another clock values but this is ok for my system till I pick up cooler.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [PLUGIN] Touch Display

Pi 5 new firmware:

• Firmware Version: 2023/12/06 18:29:25 Copyright (c) - (embedded)
1 Like

Guys, someone have / use Hifiberry Amp2 HAT with RPI 5? Volumio ist more faster (and awesome) than RPI 3 model b but I cannot get any sound it. Volumio said to me I don’t have any hardware there. I read it in official Hifiberry webpage, the RPI 5 can not change the master/slave sound device automatic but I didn’t even find any info how can I do this. Do you have any Idea how can I do this? Thanks. :slight_smile:

Should work

https://www.hifiberry.com/blog/pi5-compatibility-with-hifiberry-products/

1 Like

I know it should. :frowning: “While older Pi’s could switch between master and slave mode during sound card initialisation, this is not possible with the Pi5 anymore.” I don’t know how can I do this.

1 Like

this was done by the driver behind the scenes, nothing can be done manually.

from the link on the Hifiberry website:

We’re working on updates to create updated drivers for these cards.

When a new driver will be merged in the official Raspberry Pi kernel, it could be implemented on Volumio as well

2 Likes

So they mean it. Now, I understand it. Thanks your clearance.

Got exactly the same error on my Pi 5 with Volumio :frowning: hope someone knows how to fix this.

‘‘volumio[992]: error: MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party
volumio[992]: error: This socket has been ended by the other party {“code”:“EPIPE”}’’

Just for someone help… This is solve my issue:

dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi,slave

I had to put in the config file this and than working like a charm. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

better to put it in userconfig.txt, it will be kept after an OTA update

the content of config.txt is overwritten during a OTA update

1 Like

Just installed 3.5xx at a Pi 5.
I cannot select headphone as output?

What could I do to solve this.

Thanks

Ad.

Erm, there is no headphone output on a Pi 5.

Stupid me. Yes I knew of course.
It was just doing many thing things together and forgot to put a hat on it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So im using a 5 inch DSI Screen with my PI 5, but it doesnt turn on, its just black
Does anyone know what to do?

Heres the screen:

And heres the cable im using:

maybe you can help @gvolt

Assuming “/boot/config.txt” and “/boot/userconfig.txt” are unaltered you could try adding

dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d
dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch

to “/boot/userconfig.txt”.

That didnt work ):

I have just found out (by accident lol) that the touchscreen works! (idk if it worked before your fix)
But the screen is still Black/Off

1 Like

i just plugged it in and out again and now it shows the boot console, but then its going black again

2 Likes

Stop the Touch Display plugin.

Then execute

sudo bash -c 'cat << EOF >  /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-vc4.conf
Section "OutputClass"
    Identifier "vc4"
    MatchDriver "vc4"
    Driver "modesetting"
    Option "PrimaryGPU" "true"
EndSection
EOF'

Start the Touch Display plugin again.