Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

Hi :wave: :wave: Grezgorz @Gelo5, thanks to both @Wheaten and you for your effort on the awesome peppymeter skins, as always they never fail to impress us :+1: :+1: :+1:.

I am very tempted again to create some music video to demo from the new [1920 x 1080] & [1280 x 400] templates. Unfortunately, there are some minor issues in playing some [1920 x 1080] skins with the likely problem listed as follows:-
(1) Dark Spotify - meter.txt contain jpg filename but template "Dark Spotify.jpg is not present
(2) T+A - meter.txt contain bgr filename but template "T+A_bgr.png is not present
(3) Rehringer - all supporting template files not present
(4) Rotel - all supporting template files not present
(5) Dashsea - all template files present but can’t be open, blank screen is displayed instead
(6) Horizontal Blue - the needle pivot point is out of place
(7) Technics black/silver - all template files present but can’t be open, blank screen is displayed instead

On average, I place about 25 skins for random playing. Just to check if there is any chance to help fix the problem and hope I am not taking up too much of your time.

Thanks!!! Dzięki!!! Danke!!!

Fix
FIX 1920x1080.zip (6.3 MB)
Fix meters.zip (2.0 KB)
Luxman.zip (1.1 MB)

Thanks @michel8166 let me try yout suggestions and share the output. I will re-install everything. Along with Touchdisplay are there any other plugins which needs to installed ?

Regards
RK

Sure thanks @dvo my bad…

to get peppymeter working is only the touchscreen plugin and finally peppymeter.

the best thing is indeed to reinstall everything first and then the touch screen plugin and as soon as that runs well start with peppymeter.

but to my question. what screen are you using. manufacturer and data screen? it may be that something needs to be added to the config.txt to get the volumio interface to work.
or provide a link to where you purchased the screen.

Hi @michel8166 I will be using it with my 4K TV for which I already have the configuration shared with me in the past. You are right there are some information which needs to be added to the userconfig.txt as well as config.txt which I had already done yesterday before raising the concern. But still surprised that the USB Sig Player do not starts with a Volumio Interface. Let me try re-installing everything today.

This is the entry I made in userconfig.txt and config.txt

Enter in userconfig
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 1920 1080 60 3 0 0 0
hdmi_drive=2
If the sound is to be via HDMI
or
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 1920 1080 60 3 0 0 0
hdmi_drive=1
If the sound is not to be via HDMI (because it will be, for example, via a sound card in RPI

In Config.txt file - ENTER ONLY

initramfs volumio.initrd
#GPU_MEM=32
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
force_eeprom_read=0
include userconfig.txt

Touch Display gpu_mem setting below: do not alter

gpu_mem=128

displays as bold text - #### (At the beginning and end in the word Touch Display …)

Ok I tried re-installing everything and the major problem I am facing currently is —

1. After setting up Volumio with Peppymeter on Allo USB Signature Player I am not able to go to the volumio interface on my RPI as it is still showing the boot page as below – Please advise if I am missing anything

While I am able to access the interface on volumio.local but in the case of Allo USB Sig Player it is just showing the attached screen. Please advise if I am missing here something.

you just have to type in the ip address of your raspberry pi in a internet browser and then you enter the interface and from there you can install the touchscreen plug-in from the plug-in store.

You can then immediately set your ALLO USBRIDGE SIGNATURE PLAYER during the first set-up or under settings/playback options/output device and then in your case the allo usb.

@rajiv.kumar1984 solve this first. going on now makes no sense

Hi @Gelo5 thanks for the :zap::zap::zap:speed response. I manage to get them working just that I forgot to add that Luxman Gold - meter.txt contain jpg filename but template “Luxman.jpg” is not present.

Appreciate your help again.

Luxman.zip (1.1 MB)

Hey @michel8166 this is resolved now.Thanks to @dvoltz for his suggestions as it finally worked out.

Now I will install Peppy Meter and will come to you if I have any issues while making it run. I have 1 question though, I have 4k TV where I will be using the Allo USB Signature Player. Can you please confirm ----

1. If I need to use the skins for 1920*1080 ?

2. How can I download the skins from here and put it in my folder so that I am able to use it in my Allo USB Signature player ?

3. Finally if there is any specific skin which I would like to use, how to make the selection for the same ?

Thanks in advance./

Regards
RK

Take a look here:

1 Like

if you click on @Gelo5 profile you will come across all kinds of custom skins. it also says which folder to copy to.
or check what @Wheaten has posted above.
if your screen is (1920x1080) you should be in folder custom 4.
and upload custom skin to /data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/custom_4 (1920x1080)

but I would first install peppymeter and make the setup for your TV.

furthermore your allo usb Signature player has nothing to do with the screen/peppymeter this is just the audio.
or only if you get audio problems, but we’ll see if that gives problems in cooperation with peppymeter.

Hi guys,
Grab a :beer: sit back and enjoy :sunglasses: :headphones: [1280 x 400] stunning screensavers

3 Likes

Darn those look good :slight_smile:

Yeah! All thanks to you and Grezgorz for the hard work. Deeply appreciated.

Is there a way now we can use remote to operate Volumio on a Raspberry Pi ? Has it officially been introduced as a plugin ?

you could always use triggerhappy but it’s more the question with what do you want to controle it.

yes. there is a plugin, supporting basic functions.

Hi, with volumio3 i dont have the path you mention. mine is /data/plugins/user_interface/peppyMeter/ i tried to creating a custom_1 dir and wget the 3 files there. uncompressed the files but its not listed in the plugin meter scolldown menu.
Also trying to create the same /data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/custom_1 path it dosnt work for me. any hints ?
thanks

1 Like