Project with PeppyMeter/PeppySpectrum Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO

did a new install (system v3.569) no error running “npm install al good no faults peppy installed.
but still the same problem with spotify.

ALSA configuration: DSD native.
FusionDSP installed internet radio is good, peppy works.
peppymeter kicks in, spotify stops after about 10 seconds and no movement vu meters.

1 Like

Hi all,
please use the ALSA configuration: DSD native
for the first tests. This is the preferred option without influences the standard music pipe.

I have test the plugin only with 3.569. that’s the official version.

Node-modules not included in this download, but all needed modules install npm-install automatically.

1 Like

Ok is Spotify working without fusionDSP and enabled peppymeter with dsdnative ALSA?

On beta version 3.601, the installation was successful (RPi4)

Unfortunately I cannot test it, my dac only works in combination with FusionDSP (ian Canada FifoMa and pcm 1794A dac) without fusionDSP (spotify) there is no sound.

I just tested it (of course no sound)
Disable FusioDSP and then Spotify works and continues and does not stop after 10 seconds.

this is what happens with spotify/FusionDSP enabled and ALSA configuration: DSD native.

Hi,

Just solved it by inserting in run_peppymeter.sh:

export DISPLAY=:1

Before the line that executes volumio_peppymeter.py

It might be that in Volumio Primo the HDMI port is Display 1…

After some hours of listening yesterday with my Volumio Primo and I can say all that I need is working together like a charm (almost):

-FusionDsp (v1.0.52)
-Spotify (4.0.4)
-PeppyMetter Screensaver (1.3.9 beta)

The MINOR issue is (already existed without PeppyMeter is when playing DSD files sometimes they start in “slow tempo”, like half speed, but after two or three restart plays it gets in the right tempo. After that all DSD files play fine until I play PCM files and get back to DSD (it seem like the resampling or something doesn’t get the speed of DSD file sometimes…).

Many, many thanks to @balbuze , @2aCD and @Gelo5 for their great efforts and work put on to this.

BR,
Paulo

1 Like

Hi again!
I changed ALSA configuration to DSD and now it’s up and running on rpi4 and system 3.601

You have done a super duper work with this plugin! Thank you very much for make it working with FusionDSP!

Thank You!

Hi @pjorgenunes
Good news :grin: I‘ll add a config value to change the display port. Then the port is changeable over the gui. Thanks for this information :wink:

1 Like

I prepared a small script. It downloads version 1.3.0 from github and installs it automatically. Just say Y to the plugin install question.

#!/bin/bash

# Unzip check
if ! command -v unzip &> /dev/null; then
    echo "cant find unzip. installing..."
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install unzip
fi

#   Download
wget -O peppy_screensaver_1.3.0.zip https://github.com/2aCD-creator/volumio-plugins/raw/gh-pages/plugins/volumio/armhf/user_interface/peppy_screensaver/peppy_screensaver_1.3.0.zip

# Unzip
unzip -X peppy_screensaver_1.3.0.zip -d peppy_screensaver
# change folder
cd peppy_screensaver

# installing plugin to volumio
volumio plugin install

# Cleanup...
cd ..
sudo  rm -f peppy_screensaver_1.3.0.zip

create a sh file in /home/volumio/
e.g.:
sudo nano installpeppyfromgithub.sh
paste code
save and exit
make file executable:
sudo chmod +x installpeppyfromgithub.sh
run:
./installpeppyfromgithub.sh

1 Like

Great! Thank you!

Do your meters also behave strangely?

Your videos are private.

Hi,

My PM 1.3.9 has another strange behavior.

After instalation and change activation time to 10 sec works fine on MEDIUM meter folder. I can stop playing music and change meters to another. Push play and after 10 sec. PM works. Every custom resolution from Custom 1 to Custom 6 works… but Custom_7 (1480x320) not starts. If I change to another PM not works, till I reboot Volumio. It looks like Custom_7 crash PM till next reboot. Turn Off - Turn On plugin not help.

Your Custom_7 (1480x320) folder is preinstaled on 1.3.9 ver.

I use Waveshare 11.9 and 1480x320 is my correct resolution.

Any ideas ?? maybe somebody use it with Custom_7 ??

2 Likes

Load 1480x320 meters into /data/plugins/user_interface/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/custom_5 (1920x480)

Edit:
@2aCD maybe add other resolutions: e.g. 1920x515, 1920x480 etc.

1 Like

Yupi !!! Works… and have new skins.

1 Like

One question.

Does PM 1.3.9 work with Volumio 3.512??

@2aCD tested on 3.569 ver. Upgrade to the current one and it will definitely work

I asked about 3.512 because on newer ver. my friend has problem with DSI driver.