Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

Ok I tried re-installing everything and the major problem I am facing currently is —

1. After setting up Volumio with Peppymeter on Allo USB Signature Player I am not able to go to the volumio interface on my RPI as it is still showing the boot page as below – Please advise if I am missing anything

While I am able to access the interface on volumio.local but in the case of Allo USB Sig Player it is just showing the attached screen. Please advise if I am missing here something.

you just have to type in the ip address of your raspberry pi in a internet browser and then you enter the interface and from there you can install the touchscreen plug-in from the plug-in store.

You can then immediately set your ALLO USBRIDGE SIGNATURE PLAYER during the first set-up or under settings/playback options/output device and then in your case the allo usb.

@rajiv.kumar1984 solve this first. going on now makes no sense

Hi @Gelo5 thanks for the :zap::zap::zap:speed response. I manage to get them working just that I forgot to add that Luxman Gold - meter.txt contain jpg filename but template “Luxman.jpg” is not present.

Appreciate your help again.

Luxman.zip (1.1 MB)

Hey @michel8166 this is resolved now.Thanks to @dvoltz for his suggestions as it finally worked out.

Now I will install Peppy Meter and will come to you if I have any issues while making it run. I have 1 question though, I have 4k TV where I will be using the Allo USB Signature Player. Can you please confirm ----

1. If I need to use the skins for 1920*1080 ?

2. How can I download the skins from here and put it in my folder so that I am able to use it in my Allo USB Signature player ?

3. Finally if there is any specific skin which I would like to use, how to make the selection for the same ?

Thanks in advance./

Regards
RK

Take a look here:

1 Like

if you click on @Gelo5 profile you will come across all kinds of custom skins. it also says which folder to copy to.
or check what @Wheaten has posted above.
if your screen is (1920x1080) you should be in folder custom 4.
and upload custom skin to /data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/custom_4 (1920x1080)

but I would first install peppymeter and make the setup for your TV.

furthermore your allo usb Signature player has nothing to do with the screen/peppymeter this is just the audio.
or only if you get audio problems, but we’ll see if that gives problems in cooperation with peppymeter.

Hi guys,
Grab a :beer: sit back and enjoy :sunglasses: :headphones: [1280 x 400] stunning screensavers

3 Likes

Darn those look good :slight_smile:

Yeah! All thanks to you and Grezgorz for the hard work. Deeply appreciated.

Is there a way now we can use remote to operate Volumio on a Raspberry Pi ? Has it officially been introduced as a plugin ?

you could always use triggerhappy but it’s more the question with what do you want to controle it.

yes. there is a plugin, supporting basic functions.

Hi, with volumio3 i dont have the path you mention. mine is /data/plugins/user_interface/peppyMeter/ i tried to creating a custom_1 dir and wget the 3 files there. uncompressed the files but its not listed in the plugin meter scolldown menu.
Also trying to create the same /data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/custom_1 path it dosnt work for me. any hints ?
thanks

1 Like

Use:
/data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/custom_1

2 Likes

as i wrote doesnt work , i can only see the standard included templates in the plugin

2 Likes

he’s using the wrong path what i see wheaten :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This happens when people start to hobby, with wrong instructions.
Please remove everything and follow the instructions in this topic, post 7.
Install the plugin.

ok, following post 7 im already stuck at the second step after the git clone with
volumio@volumio:~$ pushd Install_Peppymeter
-bash: pushd: Install_Peppymeter: No such file or directory

1 Like

hehe,

Wrong link, my bad.
You need this one

1 Like