Project with PeppyMeter/PeppySpectrum Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO

yeah very strange that it kept changing. i managed to fix it by changing the settings to “on title change”, then save it, turn it off, turn it on, then select one vu meter, and now it stopped and its fixed on that vu meter. phew!

btw, separate question: few days i used to see “44.1 KHz 16bit” but now i see “320 kbps 16 bit”. Do you know why? and whats the difference?

impossible!!
if it’s the same song, from the same place (e.g. NAS etc…)

just googled it and found out that “spotify connect” (e.g. from my phone spotify app) sends the info in KHz and if i play the same song from the volumio spotify interface then it shows in kbps :slight_smile: interesting…

anyway, BIG THANK YOU for all your kind help this evening!

You’re confusing concepts. kbps is not the same as kHz.
sampling= kHz
bitrate = Kbps
resolution= bit

for e.g. CD = 2 channels 44.1kHz/16bit

2 X 44.1 X 16= 1.411.200 bps= 1.411Kbps

I must be OLD! haha!

1 Like

please DO NOT suggest to other members to edit config.txt. On your own system you can do of course, being aware of the possible consequences, but please stick to official guidelines when helping other people on the forum

and this is the most important opinion. This one should be used. Sorry @Darmur , Andy is old :rofl:, I’m old :face_with_hand_over_mouth: - we don’t always follow the rules

yes yes i know. i just meant that volumio was showing both info… KHz through sotify connect and kbps through native volumio spotify UI playback…

I can confirm that the set up to use Peppy plugin on a 4K screen on RPi4 does not work with RPi5. The PeppyScreenSaver is in the middle of the screen.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue.

These are what I have tried and they all didn’t work. Yes, @Darmur I put it in /boot/userconfig.txt :slight_smile:

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
config_hdmi_boost=7
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_drive=1
display_rotate=0
hdmi_cvt 1920 1080 60 6 0 0 0
hdmi_enable_4kp60=1

and

disable_overscan=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 1920 1080 60 3 0 0 0
hdmi_drive=2

1 Like

but we still look good for a VOLUMIO basterd :crazy_face: @naimnatnod

It works for me. See my post above (RPi5)

Which one of your post? You have a zillion posts… :slight_smile:

By the way I found the way to fix it.

then write which one?

I did it differently. I follow the @2aCD post by adding a “50x11-resolution” file into /etc/X11/Xsession.d

The file contain this:

xrandr --output HDMI-1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60

i.e. two ways work:

1. with the driver disabled vc4-kms + Rpi4 config
  2. with the driver enabled vc4-kms + 50x11-resolution
1 Like

Hi guys,

Sharing new 1920 x 515 resolution demo on 55" LED 4K TV. Happy watching :sunglasses:

Hi @dc2geeks
I have tried 1920x515 on 1920x1080 FHD screen, the PeppyMeter Screensaver works, but I cannot remove the “Now Playing” background ( black background like yours ).
Could you tell me how to do that ?
Do you set Volumio ( Now Playing interface ) resolution to 1920x515, too ?
thank you !

Hi @dewen,

what i did was to set Volumio User Interface Layout Design to “Classic” and select background colour to black. You will get a semi black background [see pic below]. “Now Playing” plugin is not installed in my Volumio, perhaps you might need to disable it.
1920 X 515
For the purpose of making this video, I had to use video editing software “VSDC Free Video Editor” to mask up the remaining UI above the screensaver.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

@dc2geeks Thank you your info, I will try it later. I don’t use “Now Playing” plugin, instead I use @2aCD contemporary_advanced plugin.

I wonder if the vertical position of peppymeter can be adjusted, for example, put it at the lower half of the screen instead of center, then you can see both peppymeter and playing screen at the same time ?

I’m not so sure about that as @Gelo5 has created this skins for 1920 x 515 resolution screen