Project with PeppyMeter/PeppySpectrum Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO

Now I have understood :slight_smile:
Regards

Good afternoon, dear friend!
You can make a video on how to install everything correctly PeppyCpectrum Screensaver.
I have a 1024x600 display and I don’t have enough experience to go through all the steps. Please help me.
Alex

Click on my avatar - you have everything there! (step by step)

Thank you! I’ll try again tomorrow!

For everyone who downloaded 1920x1080 skins. This is a fix for skin 120 (oldPipe). It should now work fine. Download 2 files. Unpack. Copy/overwrite everything to the templates folder and the template_spectrum folder. I’ll put the whole thing in the downloads section

1920x1080
fix templates.zip (894.9 KB)

fix template_spectrum.zip (804.3 KB)

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Volumio x86 + PeppyMeter

Dear friend! Everything worked out. Thank you so much for such a great job! At the same time, you optimized the installation in such a way that even I, with my knowledge, did it without any problems.

Hi Gelo5, thanks for adding new skins for 1024x600, much appreciated…If updating to latest version of peppymeter can I just overwrite the exsisting install using putty and the correct command? Or must i uninstall the peppymeter plugin first from within volumio?

First uninstal

Attention!!! Currently, Peppyscreen does not work with last beta version of volumio!!!

I get this error, any idea what the issue is…hoping I don’t have to do a fresh install of volumio!

Ok, physically remove the plugin (/data/plugins/user_interface/peppy_screensaver). Reboot and install

Thanks Buddy, that did the trick :+1:

You need only a fresh install of Volumio, when your previous installed version < 1.5.0

1 Like

@2aCD… thanks for the advice and many many thanks for the hours put in to create this fantastic project :+1::+1::tada::tada:

Gelo5 and 2aCD :+1:t2::clap:t2::smile:

Yes, we cannot forget Mr Gelo5… Thanks buddy.

2 Likes

If you forgot someone, it’s @peppy.player. I’m the least important here. Thanks only to @2aCD and @peppy.player. TY

3 Likes

You guys are incredible much like the “Three Musketeers” :man_dancing: :man_dancing: :man_dancing: of PeppyMeter Screensaver, each having your own field of expertise we can’t have anyone lesser to make the Meter possible and fun

Dear forum friends, all skins have been updated.
I hope you like one resolution skin and are satisfied.
I made them:

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to the development of the plugin (tips, comments, videos, etc.): @2aCD, @peppy.player, @wheaten, @balbuze, @patrickkfkan, @naimnatnod, @dc2geeks, @dewen @gvolt and many others. Thank you very much
I still have a few ideas, but I can’t implement them because they haven’t been implemented in Volumio.
I have asked many times for:

• adding a year - unfortunately @volumio says that this is unnecessary. I regret.
  • adding reading from TAG (cover, year, title…)
  • increasing the size of the loaded file

If I can, I will help anyone who asks

I am a paid subscriber Volumio, although another service offered me a free subscription (for making skins). I preferred to stay here. There is a great atmosphere here, the people are friendly and helpful.

Greetings to everyone and have fun with skins
Grzegorz

9 Likes

@gelo5,

Hang in there, Volumio is aware of the huge userbase regarding PeppyMeter :wink: