[PLUGIN] IR Remote Controller feedback thread

In comparison to the RAK-SL404WH the RAK-SL948WK additionally (only) has “ID Scan”, “Spiral” and “Time Mode”. Do all of the buttons of your RAK-SL404WH work with the RAK-SL948WK’s lircrc?

Do you happen to have the RAK-SL948WK, too?

Hello, please help me. How it works? I have the same pilot.

There is a plugin called “IR Remote Controller”, which provides the following remotes (see list below).
If you’re remote is not on this list, you need to manual program your remote, which is a bit troublesome to do.
There might be a suitable *.conf file, which you can download from here. The you still need to create a lircrc file (task that needs to be executed when pressing a button on the remote).

• Apple Remote A1156
  • Apple Remote A1156 Alternative
  • Apple Remote A1294
  • Apple Remote A1294 Alternative
  • Arcam ir-DAC-II Remote
  • Atrix Remote
  • Bluesound RC1
  • Copland RC-102A
  • Denon Remote RC-1204
  • JustBoom IR Remote
  • Marantz RC003PMCD
  • Odroid Remote
  • PDP Gaming Remote Control
  • Philips CD723
  • Samsung AA59-00431A
  • Samsung_BN59-006XXA
  • XBox 360 Remote
  • XBox One Remote
  • Xiaomi IR for TV box
  • Yamaha RAV363
1 Like

I would like to access volumio source menu using apple remote but there is no option available from any of these plugin please, can you help.

Thanks much!

1 Like

Page browsing is not implemented, so this will be a no.

Since this has only effect when you have a screen attached, otherwise you’ll miss what your navigating for, I would suggest the use of an air-mouse.

Hi!

How to make with this plugin when i click on remote “1” “2” “3”… etc. to choose track in album?

Not without some severe programming.
Number keys are not implemented within the Volumio Interface.
For Volumio there is nog logic, which track it’s what, as it based on MPD. And MPD doesn’t have this functionality.

And yes you can program logic for it, read the current playing track nr, read the loaded playlist. Decode all track numbers in the playlist. If you playing track 6, then pressing 2 would mean that you need to press <prev> 4+1 => 5 times, and so on. But this will become a trouble some excersize.

Thanks, i hope this will be added soon.

But is it possible to trigger album with it?

and how would that work?

If you logon to Volumio via ssh and type ‘volumio’ it shows all the commands that would be possible via a remote. Anything else would require a completely different approach. Track and album selection, etc is all available via a browser.

Or use an airmouse and some severe dedication with arm movement training :slight_smile:

I’m thinking about getting a butler.

a butlerster or butlerin :joy:

(Guess a phone would be much easier and safer.)

@Wheaten Thanks for this valuable information…Are you saying that if I install this plugin, than I will be able to use aby of the remotes mentioned above…Or do i need to do anything to make the above remotes work. Please advise…

Also can i use this remote -

1 Like

in fact you can use every IR-Remote. The list above are already integrated with the plugin.
If you use a different Remote, you need to program it.

If it is a XBox one remote, then Yes

Hi all,
I have a Xiaomi IR remote for TV box. Can you please confirm that in order to use it with Volumio, I just need to activate the IR remote controller plugin or please guide me if anything else needs to be done in terms of programming or activation. Please advise…

Regards,
Rajiv

Well you need to add a IR receiver and do the settings in the plugin:

Thanks @Wheaten can you kindly suggest if I can use any of the below as I have already got the Odroid remote yesterday –

1 Like

I would go for the first one, that should work: