Open Beta Testing of new TIDAL and QOBUZ implementation, feedback wanted

Thanks,
I have an issue with mpd oled with this version. Only stop screen is shown, watch, on play event, the play screen does not start. The issue is reported also in the corresponding thread.

Thanks, but IMHO in the first place the mpd OLED is a bad implementation: to have better results their API should hook into Volumio’s API, not MPD…

Hi volumio

When built for Volumio mpd_oled uses the Volumio API for player state

https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/blob/master/status.cpp#L149

Adrian.

Hello dears,
What is important to know if this is a bug if yes if it will be fixed in the near feature?
I am building a streamer with an oled 1.3 inch and a dsi display. I am guessing that volumio have shanged some interfaces.
Thanks.

Hello Volumio,
Do you plan to display the informations from Qobuz about artist and album ? For me it would be the reason to switch to the Virtuoso paid plan and support the project (As a newbie on Volumio -thanks for your job -, I’m again on the free period) :slight_smile: Thanks by advance for the information.

Hi Lintbf

There has been a change either to the Volumio web server or to the libcurl library,

The webserver requires that if a User-Agent is set then it must be non-null in order to access the REST API.

curl -H "" "http://localhost:3000/api/v1/getstate" > getstate1.json
curl -H "User-Agent: myagent" "http://localhost:3000/api/v1/getstate" > getstate2.json
curl -H "User-Agent:" "http://localhost:3000/api/v1/getstate" > volumio.png

If libcurl is used to access the API and a user-agent is not specifically set then it is set to null, and Voliumio returns a PNG rather than JSON, which is why mpd_oled is not seeing the change of state when music is playing.

I’ll update mpd_oled to set a non-null user-agent when accessing the Volumio API

Thank you for reporting the issue!

Adrian.

I thank you :slight_smile:

At the moment you can already see the info about artist and album, but it’s not retreived from QOBUZ, but from our metavolumio metadata agent.
We plan in the future to show QOBUZ metadatas

2 Likes

Ah! this might be the result of a recent change in Volumio REST Server. I will have a look to make it work also without user agent

now on 2.852
selecting double album ‘Richter voices’
album track order in qobuz is still wrong.

I am now on the beta version for Qobuz and Tidal and here is what I noticed:

First, I am running the Pi4, Audiophonics Rasp Dac with analog to stereo and HDMI cable to TV.

Every now and again I get some weird error file that pops up, I saw in the thread someone else posted it as well. Even so, it doesn’t stop the music and disappears when the next song plays.

One thing I haven’t seen is that if you hit Forward to the next song, like three for four times in a row, the PI locks up and the sound mutes or just doesn’t come but song continues to play. You lose control of the current song, can’t fast forward or reverse anymore, but if you go to a song on the local SD. card, that plays and subsequently everything is fixed with Qobuz meaning you can plan Qbuzz again.

I was hoping their would be improvements in sorting Qobuz album and artists etc., but that didn’t happen. And It still has the bad Volumio meta data instead of the good Qobuz metadata. I am on superstar so am hoping that will be added in.

You cannot manipulate Qobuz playlists at all although you can add a Qobuz song to your own playlists which is good.

Sound quality, speed and overall usability are outstanding.

Keep trucking and thanks for doing this. I love this system, its the best I have had for SQ.

Thanks for reporting, a fix is on its way :wink:

1 Like

@backenst thanks for your feedback!

The QOBUZ Metadata and sorting options will be added once this first phase is over (aka it works well 100%)

1 Like

Excellent news and thank you for listening to your subscribers!

1 Like

Now that 2.852 has been released as a stable release for everyone, should those of us still interested in doing further testing of the outstanding issues stay on the development channel ?

Hello,
I have a bug with the search in Qobuz, an encoding problem I think.
When i’m searching “Jakub Józef Orliński” => no result
If I’m searching “Jakub Jozef Orlinski” => I have a result
On the Qobuz webplayer, I haven’t problem with the “Jakub Józef Orliński” search.

RPI4
Volumio v 2.852
Qobuz
Don’t know if this a problem from Volumio, but streaming from BubbleUPnP don’t show correct info.

played from Volumio :

on 2.852 /RPI 3&4
my tidal and qobuz playlist in volumio are not in the same track order as i made/have them in tidal or qobuz.

I’m having problems with the next track button and the seek bar.

The next track button doesn’t work in the track section on tidal, but works with the playlist section.

The seek bar doesn’t work in the playlist section , but works in the tidal tracks section.

1 Like

Thanks for the continuing feedbacks!
Now we just released this as latest release.

If you update, you don’t need to set anything, as this new TIDAL and QOBUZ implementation will be ON by default.
I would suggest to disable TEST mode now, so you can receive regular updates from now on.

Please keep on suggesting what does not work and we will keep on fixing it until its perfect :wink:

1 Like