Open Beta Testing of new TIDAL and QOBUZ implementation, feedback wanted

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:
Now the sorting tracks problem (with the double albums like Richter voices) is fixed, great.
For info I have again the problem with my ā€œJakub JĆ³zef Orlińskiā€ search.

And I have a strange behaviour with the Qobuz autocompletion on my computer (with Firefox) :

1. I select Qobuz in the left menu
  2. I enter a text in search field
  3. I select the text with the mouse, from the end to the beginning (as if I want delete the text because I did a mistake or I want do to another search)
  4. Result : Volumio come back immediately on the homepage.

Dear, any input here? Those are my questions also ā€¦

I uploaded a video to YouTube to show the problem Iā€™m having with the track next and back buttons not working.

You can see in the video the only way to get track buttons working is to touch the seek bar, but after a few songs even touching the seek bar it stops working all together ā€¦very frustrating :sleepy:

Iā€™m curious if anyone else is having this problem and if thereā€™s something a can do to fix it.

Iā€™m on 2.852

Thanks for your report. We are looking at it. It is most likely a frontend issue at this resolution

+1 here

2.853 needed two reboots to pick up Qobuz but itā€™s all working fine.

Updated to 2.853 and everything seems to be working :+1:

2.853 Tidal Master shows up 44.1 khz 16 bit. Used to be 24 bit.

Well, some of them show up 24 bit, some 16 bit.

Some of the tidal masterā€™s are now showing up as 32bit!

Hi Michelangelo, noob question, disable test mode means switching experimental tidal and qobuz off? And just login from standard tidal Integration GUI in sources?

I have updated to 2.853. 2.852 still has issues with my volumio playlist consisting of various songs added from tidal. It will stop at song no 16, then show it is still playing song 16 but thereā€™s no sound and the queue shows the green arrow playing next songs. Quick resolution Is to reboot but if I leave it for hours, it will recover when I try to play other tracks. Without reboot I cannot play other tracks. Screenshots attached for easier understandingā€¦song 16 is whatā€™s up.

no. switching experimental tidal and qobuz on/off is in options/sources.

No I meant to disable TEST MODE for volumio updates from /dev page.

Keep the experimental tidal and qobuz on from sources

Hello,
When I press play song is not started in qobuz. V 2.853. Olaysymboldoes not switch to pause.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/DmroJP3.html
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/DmroJP3.html

Also web radio is not started
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/9JHDYJu.html

Later edit :after volumio restart is ok

Thanks

Hey team, thanks for the development effort of Volumio, i have been using it since the ealy 1.2 version i think and the improvements you have done are amazing. I have installed the version 2.853 with enabled the experimental features. So far it seems that the interface is more responsive, i have a Superstar account and this is what i have found:

• i canā€™t get Tidal playing more than 44.1Khz, i have the ā€œMā€ albums going up to 32bit depth but all of them stick to the 44.1Khz. I play with ā€œresolution highest possibleā€, ā€œMQA disabledā€ and i use a hifiberry amp2.
  • From the the home screen, where the song is displayed playing, if i click the three dots and then either ā€œgo back to artistā€ or ā€œgo back to albumā€, it send me back to the sources page
  • the above mentioned hyperlinks should just be made available from the artist/album title displayed in the home page rather than going via the ā€œā€¦ā€ link
  • If my library source is on a CIFS share, and the NAS is disconnected, entering any artist, makes it very very very slow to exit: clicking Tidal and go into the Tidal menu would take ~2mins
    These below are more kind of feature requests that i hope you will consider in future releases:
  • Artitst page should be reachable by clicking the artitst name from the album or album tracks displaying the artist name: lets make the artist name an hyperlink to the artist page, same goes for the album name in any place in Volumio
  • There should be the possibility to limit the scope of the searches, like i dont want the web radio results or i want to only search Tidal
  • In the Tidal homepage please add the Master only releases
  • In Tidal daily mixes, and the for you new albums/tracks should be accessible from the home page and not clicking through a multiple hierarchy
  • i should be able to add songs to Tidal playlists
  • i should be able to add artists/albums/songs to my favourites in Tidal.

However if you ever implement Tidal connect most of the people will end up using the Tidal appā€¦ In conclusion either of the two options, i wouldnā€™t mind paying couple of euros more in the subscription and really consider the Volumio Primo purchase.

thanks!

1 Like

If you turn on MQA youā€™ll get 24bit 48Khz on some songs, havenā€™t seen anything higher than that, but I donā€™t think my DAC supports MQA.

my DAC does not support MQA therefore i have it disabled. If i enable it the max i get is 16bit and the 48khz.
In general i doubt i am able to notice the difference from 44khz, 48khz and 192khz however i question if what represented is trustworthy and if i should expect higher than 44Khz with a DAC supporting 192Khz

1 Like

Yes I seen TIDAL MQA recordings will play at most 48kHz/24 bit if the DAC does not support MQA. Iā€™d like to know if checking the MQA box causes the first level of software unfolding to happen?

Sorry how do I notice the first level of software unfolding happening?

No. Volumio does not first stage unfolding