Any other IR remote

volumio 3
I have one or 2 remotes laying around and looking into on how to get one of them working. I had got these here

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt-get install lirc

$ sudo mv /etc/lirc/lirc_options.conf

$ sudo apt-get install lirc

Edit /etc/lirc/lirc_options.conf as follows by changing these two lines:

:

:

driver = default

device = /dev/lirc0 <<

:

$ sudo mv /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=17

$ sudo systemctl stop lircd.service

$ sudo systemctl start lircd.service

$ sudo systemctl status lircd.service

$ sudo reboot

$ sudo systemctl stop lircd.service

$ sudo mode2 -d /dev/lirc0

1. Point the remote at the receiver and press some buttons.
  1. Press Ctrl-C to exit

$ sudo mode2 -m -d /dev/lirc0

$ sudo mv /etc/lirc/lircd.conf. copy

where it say /etc/lirc/lirc_options.conf above
how do i put that Device and Driver

Now you have 6 topics, for the same issue?

• You still don’t read, as you keep on sticking to GPIO17, which is already reserved for your DAC
  • You’ve taken some random instructions somewhere, sudo mode2 -d /dev/lirc0 is only intended to see if your IR + Remote +rPi are communicating.
  • Select your namespaces: irrecord --list-namespace
  • You need to learn lirc the recived IR codes: irrecord -d /dev/lirc0 your_remote_name.conf
begin remote

name  NAD-AMP3
  bits           32
  flags SPACE_ENC|CONST_LENGTH
  eps            30
  aeps          100

header       9008  4508
  one           546  1705
  zero          546   576
  ptrail        556
  repeat       9010  2240
  gap          108422
  toggle_bit_mask 0x0
  frequency    38000

begin codes
          KEY_PREVIOUS             0x61F08E71
          KEY_PLAY                 0x61F0E619
          KEY_NEXT                 0x61F00EF1
      end codes

end remote
  • Build your own lircrc file, connecting the namespace to the needed volumio command
begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_PLAY
config = /usr/local/bin/volumio toggle
end
begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_NEXT
config = /usr/local/bin/volumio next
end
begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_PREVIOUS
config = /usr/local/bin/volumio previous
end

so read and follow this:

• So in your case, reinstall Volumio from scratch,
  • Select the proper GPIO, read documentation regarding your hardware (seems to be hard for you)
  • Install:
  • Follow the steps 2,3,4,5 from above [Now you have 6 topics, for the same issue]
  • create new folder in /data/plugins/system_hardware/ir_controller/configurations in alignment with your remote name
  • in that folder you place the created lircd.conf and lircrc file.

TIPS
with the plugin, just put your config in the shared folder /INTERNAL/ir_controller/configurations.
No need to ssh for that, just a file explorer

The first time, I installed Volumio on the sd card insert that to the Pi 4 and set the Out wire from the IR sensor to the gpio22 at first, then i booted up the Pi and installed all the plugin.
When getting to IR Remote configuration page, I selected (JustBoom) remote and went down to GPIO configuration settings and selected the same gpio pin gpio22 and then i save and restarted the player. Pressing buttons on the JustBoom remote, i noticed the vol - + buttons works and most of them.
Here’s the story… The next day, i started up the player loading it up and that is when the remote wasn’t working, it’s not the batteries. The led on the sensor flashes when pushing a button, but nothing happen, SO i have to redo it all over, reinstall Volumio, select the plugins. This time, i select another gpio and it did the same this until the next day… So, it will work one day, not the next.
So that’s why i’m looking in on install LIrc, since i have another remote laying around.

does that Xbox360 remote control works like play/ and everything else

1 Like

Mate, you probably should just get someone to fix this for you, it’s not magic…

then again,

• start from scratch
  • Remove everything (also the DAC )from the GPIO
  • Connect the IR receiver to like GPIO23
  • Don’t use the 3.3V, as you IR receiver is specified for 5 Volt
  • Install the plugin and do the setup.(GPIO and remote control)

Test if it works. Within Volumio and/or via shell with command; sudo mode2 -d /dev/lirc0
if it’s a bit random you might have some influence from surrounding day light.

When this works, then the DAC can be installed.

In the GPIO configurations when it ask select pull-up/down setting, would down be better then pull up. i have the ir sensor on 5v instead of 3.3v

normally for an input it’s up and for an output it’s down. To be honest I never touched that setting and left everything to default.

I brought up puTTy on the laptop and accessed volumio.
I ran irw to test the JustBoom remote. By pressing all of the button, i was getting something as it shows up in the terminal window, But when trying to control the play. i had just connected a usb flash driver of music. I couldn’t even control it. I couldn’t play’ or ok button, i couldn’t even do anything like go down the list.
I can only control the volume and shuffle/Random button. So, why is it that some of the button will and will not work.

1 Like

Ok, seems like getting somewhere. I did connect to 5v. connect the jumper wire to gpio23. After installing a new copy of Volumio, i booted up the Pi 4 and set the ir remote to Justboom and GPIO configuration to gpio23, save and it started working, not all buttons where working, just the volume - +.
So Apparently, the sensor just needed 5v instead of 3.3v.
Now i just got a problem with the Justboom remote, I can use the Volume/shuffle/random/ must and the power buttoms, just can use the home/ up-down-left-right and ok buttons, so what up with that, why will it let u use some but not all buttons. i can’t even go through my list of music i have on USB

Please stick to one topic, it’s impossible to support you with all those cross posts. Every reply is different, so currently no-one has a clue on what is or is not working.

I got it connected to gpio24 and got the Sensor working good, just need to change the volt.