X86 Hardware issues (Graphics, WiFi, Onboard Sound, external DACs, Disks, BIOS/UEFI Boot problems etc.)

Not exotic, I believe (but NEVER give a guarantee for devices I did not test myself :wink: ), it should work ok., including touchscreen
I usually try to get of info from the internet, often

There are no negative comments towards the Thinkpad 10 tablet, all vital components seem to work.
Note, there is some confusion about the audio part, it is supposed to have an rt5640 audio codec, but is said to have an rt5671. Not sure whether the current headphone plug/ unplug implementation properly switches to speaker (with rt5641 it works fine).

The DAC will be connected to this tablet via USB. This is exactly the Lenovo ThinkPad.

If I do that while a song is playing the song will stop playing as expected. That’s fine as I usually won’t switch sources while listening to music.

Step-by-step description:

1. Set output device to Up2Stream DAC and save
  2. Set Volume Options to Hardware/PCM and save
  3. Play song; confirm that audio plays.
  4. Stop song
  5. Switch input source on amp - Observe “Out Device is not Available” notification
  6. Switch input source back to DAC on amp - Observe “Player successfully restarted” notification
  7. Play song; no audio plays although the song progress bar moves along as expected
  8. Click Save on Volume Options - observe “Mixer Control Settings Updated” notification
  9. Audio starts playing after a few seconds

Note that in step 8 I didn’t actually change/reset any settings - I confirmed this after some experimentation. All I needed to do was click Save again on the Volume Options to get the audio playing again, so it appears to me that the Volume Options are not restored correctly after I switch back to the DAC audio device.

Here are the logs: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/0Rg8cso.html

Please disable all plugins, especially DSPFusion when doing this test. to make it easier to determine the root cause.
I see multiple entries like the one below, but with increasing device numbers.

Dec 01 06:19:48 volumio volumio[918]: error: FusionDsp - WebSocket error: [object Object]
Dec 01 06:19:51 volumio volumio[918]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats
Dec 01 06:19:55 volumio volumio[918]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats
Dec 01 06:19:56 volumio kernel: usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 6

Moved this to the correct topic, as it’s x86 related.
Please create a new log and make sure to stop after the error, dont’t fix it.

1 Like

I installed Volumio on a Lenovo ThinkPad 10 tablet. Everything’s fine. USB signal to Arcam irDac. The touch panel works. Now what’s missing; - there is no on-screen keyboard available. Is there any plugin for this? - Is it possible to somehow set the size of the interface to make the subtitles larger? The album covers are a good size. Are there any other useful plugins? How to install plugins that are not in the settings?

And for bigger font-size look at the “Now Playing” plugin.
Because the tablet has a high resolution compared to it’s size, it’s very very small.

Good to see everything is working, for sure a great device (especially with the dock) to run Volumio.

Provide example settings for the now playing plugin. I change the font and nothing changes. For example, I entered 20, 24, 30. Do I have to restart after each change?

I cannot install the virtual keyboard. Message that the product is unavailable.

Did you hit this button?

1 Like

you have to add px after the value

22px

the playlist still has a very small font

to change this you need to break in to vanilla coding, which I will not support. Sorry

I cannot install the virtual keyboard. Or maybe this method was good for volumeio 2

nope, V2 had a plugin, but that library doesn’t work for V3.
Now we’re just using a chrome extension which works in V3.
Your the first suggesting it doesn’t work, so I think you missed something.

Something is wrong because I cannot install any extension from the Chrome web store. Red icon: “add to chrome”

i stated that the plugin is currently unavailable!
I guess it will no longer work with the current chrome-kiosk version

The instructions have been written for the rPi with the touch plugin, seems the seeded kiosk version for x86 is different. Sorry no solution.

The title of the next song in the playlist does not appear. The time progress bar is going correctly. It’s the same in the smartphone app. Volumio x86.The first song from the playlist is always on the screen. This problem does not occur if playback is via tidal connect.
And one more thing: this page is displayed during startup. Why?

I have searched the forums trying to find an easy way to expand my 256 ssd running Volumio latest build I have read about gparted and putty but I’m a noob and not sure what to do. All I want to do is put music on the unused portion of the ssd steps with images would be helpful?

On first start (and every reboot), Volumio will try to expand the data partition to the maximum size of the device. This is by design, you cannot add your own partition because there wouldn’t be any space left.

my advice, use the smallest possible internal ssd size for volumio (8Gb is plenty) and add another drive labeled “issd” or “ihdd” to put your music on.

edit: yes, you can put your music on Volumio’s data partition, but should you ever need to do a factory reset, that data will all be wiped.