X86 Hardware issues (Graphics, WiFi, Onboard Sound, external DACs, Disks, BIOS/UEFI Boot problems etc.)

as soon I install fusion, booting / shutdown 1min.30sec comes back so that is a bug I think (Because the mpd version changed?) to bad that I can use the euqalizer that way.
Till now no more problems with second hard drive.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/01NlrMk.html

Fusion is supported by @balbuze, can’t help with that I’m afraid.

Hi,

New to Volumio, I have an issue on an Atom mini PC with HDMI output with Volumio v3.611

Playing files @44.1kHz, 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz doesn’t work.
It plays successfully other frequencies (48kH…196kHz)

The messages that occurs in live log are:

mpd.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
error: MPD error: Error: read ECONNRESET
mpd.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

As a workaround, I use the resampling feature to resample all at 192kHz.

Here is an extract of alsacap command:

Card 1, ID `Audio', name `Intel HDMI/DP LPE Audio'
  Device 0, ID `HdmiLpeAudio', name `Intel HDMI/DP LPE Audi', 1 subdevices (1 available)
    2..8 channels, sampling rate 32000..192000 Hz
    Sample formats: S16_LE, S24_LE, S32_LE
    Buffer size range from 32 to 153600
    Period size range from 32 to 153600

Subdevice 0, name `subdevice #0'
  Device 1, ID `HdmiLpeAudio', name `Intel HDMI/DP LPE Audi', 1 subdevices (1 available)

Device 2, ID `HdmiLpeAudio', name `Intel HDMI/DP LPE Audi', 1 subdevices (1 available)

The device that play sound is HDMI2 on the interface (hw:1,2 for speaker-test)
The speaker test command plays sucessfully sound at all frequencies (44.1kHz to 196kHz)
The speaker test only work with 16bit and 32bit (report unsupported on 24bit)

Here are the logs

Hope that helps the dev team !

Regards,
Nicolas

This is because (Atom) Cherrytrail/ Baytrail devices with “bytcht-nocodec” are not supported and I have no intention to add it.
You are the first and only one to report this and as these devices are old already, it is not worth the time to organize hardware, then implement and test it.
This should not cause an issue for you, because all that “bytcht-nocodec” support would add is a dsp which resamples everything to 48Khz. You already configured that with Volumio’s resampling option.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. I will keep my workaround as a solution. Resampling all to 192kHz.

Regards,

Nicolas

After the last update (3.616), Volumeio on Thinkpad 10 takes a long time to start (5 minutes). Previously on 3.5XX it was 2 minutes. What’s worse is that it will never start the first time. I have to turn off the computer with the power switch. The second time it turns on. I restored it to factory settings and still the same. I only use the Now Playing plugin.
Is there any advice for this?

I would start by sending a log after the boot has completed:

We also need more specific info re. 3.5xx. What was the exact version, difficult to compare otherwise because there have been changes.

1 Like

My Volumio installation, just updated to version 3.616, stopped working, the HW on which it is installed is a Futro S900.
The previously installed version worked perfectly (I don’t remember the installed version but it was definitely two versions behind 3.616).
The problems are as follows:
No network connection, neither cable nor wireless, the cards seem to exist, but no indication of the network parameters used appears.
When starting it always asks me to select an audio output.
Even though I select the current one (all this thanks to having connected the video, keyboard and mouse), when I select a song to listen to the system always gives an error.
Furthermore, it seems to me that the video card is not recognized correctly, given that the characters are very large and I am forced to scroll a lot horizontally and vertically to select the options.
In addition to the necessary notification, I would like to know if it is possible to update to any subsequent versions, or downgrade to the latest working version, obviously strictly via USB, without deleting the music library already installed.
Thank you

Text translated via Google translator

Ideally, I would like to roll back to version 3.569
Everything worked then. How to do it?

@Vmax @Giuseppe_Colli
Volumio-3.569-2023-10-20-x86_amd64

Thanks for the link, I created a USB key and installed Volumio again, but it completely deleted my entire library…

Since everything was deleted, I tried to update again, this time apparently everything works, with the exception of the WiFi, in any case I will install the 3.569 again while waiting for developments, of course if every time an update goes wrong and he loses his entire library without the possibility of saving it, which is a bit unpleasant.

I don’t want to disappoint you, but there are not going to be any changes re. Futro S900 and you wifi issue. I have no issues with trying to help you to find the root cause, but only on a current version.

In the meantime, thanks, I meant to say that I hoped these malfunctions were linked to some correctable error of the 3.616 given that up until the 3.569 everything was, and still is, fine.

Volumio 3.629 (I know it is test version). Nas and files are visible. After some time, the NAS is still visible but the library disappears and cannot be updated. Restart restores the library.

Hi All

I have not seen “Install to Disk” on Volumio 3.629

How can I install Volumio on pc?

Thanks!

@longmobi
I moved your post.

This needs to be checked, we are not aware of the issue.

Edit
I can confirm the issue, the error has been located and we are working on a fix.

issue has been fixed, you can flash this version or update your current one to 3.633 (after enabling test mode)

https://updates.volumio.org/x86_amd64/volumio/3.633/Volumio-3.633-2024-03-01-x86_amd64.zip