Which file is for the playlists

Volumio 3 Issues?

Please see: Volumio 3 issues: hints and solutions before posting a new issue.
(You’ll need to cut and paste the link)

----------------------------- Delete here & above before posting below -----------------

Hi ~ My volumio is based on Raspberry Pi 3B+.
Could you tell me which file in the system folder is for playlists?
Online update always cause problem so I have to download img of new version and re-burn by SD card.
By this way all the previous data is deleted, it’s really boring to set up everything each time, especially for the playlists, all the fovarite playlists disappear.
Could you please give me some information about the system file so that I can understand which file(playlists) should be saved before re-burning the new version.
after the new version is built, I can copy the previous file to cover the new one, with the purpose of saving back the playlists since it takes months and years to build a favorite playlists.
Thanks for your help!

If you’re running the free tier, you can extract this from the folder /data/favourites
If you’re running a subscription, your favorites are stored with Volumio.

As above with what @Wheaten suggests

but… you may also want to back up /data/playlist folder as well.

Also if you have your own music library, when you rebuild the sources ensure that the “alias” name you have given it remains the same, otherwise the playlist will fail.

Thanks @Wheaten and @M1ck !
However I could not find any file with the name data or playlist…
And I use my own music library.
Here is the screen shot of the file system.

All files in the folder “overlays” is *.dtbo

You should this on a booted system and access it via SSH. Not via the boot partition of the SD.

Oh, yes. Thank you ! Thank you so much for reminding!

I find the easiest way to back up the playlists etc. is to log in to volumio with an FTP program. Something like filezilla and simply copy the whole playlist and favorites folder both of which reside in the /data folder.
Upon restore you just copy them back over.

Thank you @M1ck , really great idea!!! I make it!very easy for me!
Many many thanks! Have a nice day! :smile:

1 Like