Volumio2 parametric equalizer plugin

Thanks Balbuze, this sounds very promising! So what I measure in REW will be loaded into the brutefir plugin? After that no other equalizer will be needed?

hi!
the most important is to make a good measure from your listening point for both channel separately.
once it is done, you export impulse (for each chanel) and copy the file in /brutefirfilters/filter_sources
After that go in the plugin setting and usr ‘DRC-FIR’ to generate your filters. once it is done, select filters for each channel, apply, it’s done! you have now a room equalized system :wink:

Hello,
Should this plugin work in Volumio Primo?
I have installed it but does not output any sound.
Thanks.

Hi Balbuze, I have the UMIK-1 connected to REW on a laptop. Is there a way to send the measurement signal from REW to volumio on the PI? In the REW soundcard preferences I don’t see an option for that. Thanks!

to continue to talk about brutefir and drc, I suggest to use the dedicated thread : https://forum.volumio.org/volumio2-and-brutefir-t4151-310.html
and have a look here : https://volumio.github.io/docs/Plugins_User_Manuals/brutefir/Making_Measurment.html

edit : @juan - yes it works with primo :wink:

Hi balbuze, I’m testing REW and I have a question:
To generate the EQ Filters, what equalizer data should I set in the “EQ for Measurement” menu, Equalizer tab?

Sorry but I am not sure to understand what you want to do. With parametric EQ, you don’t use Rew, except to check the result. If you’re asking for brutefir plugin, please post in the related thread. And check the wiki TY

I am trying to understand how brutefir / rew / eq works, I ask you to be patient.
I started measuring the room, that seems to be pretty good.
When I ask you to equalize the signal, it does it over 10 bands in the case of using the “Generic” equalizer, using other eqs it does in another number of bands, never in 4 bands as your parametric equalizer works.
My idea is to equalize “by hand” as obtained in REW.
I will read more about Brutefir and implement it.

@danielfelix : please, jump here https://forum.volumio.org/volumio2-and-brutefir-t4151-320.html

First off great plugin :sunglasses:

Can I suggest an improvement in the UI.

I like many use a mobile phone to control volumio.

So… operating the sliders on the equalizer, can be rather fustrating.
When trying to move any of the sliders up or down it scrolls the whole screen up and down with it, making it very fustrating to hit the exact value that you want.
A simple solution would be put a plus and minus above and bellow the sliders, when tapped on, allowing it to go up or down in the increments set in the advanced settings.

Your plug-in works very well, congratulations on doing a great job.

I am a fan of full-range drivers, they are boxes with only one drive, for me it would be very good to have a 4 order adjustable high-pass filter.

Thanks again for your contribution.

regards
Edu

Thanks!
Can you precise your need.
What about using Drc to correct your system?
Do you make measure with a mic and a soft like Rew?

I really don’t want to get to use Drc, I don’t want to use equalization either, the goal is to get the sound by designing the right cabinet for each drive.
I just need a high-pass filter to avoid excessive bass frequencies to reach the speaker, I can do this with a hardware filter, but I prefer to do the filtering at the source, this avoids phase problems and signal degradation just before the drive.

Maybe it would be just a plugin that would only be a configurable filter, high-pass and low-pass, but I also think it would be an interesting addition to your great parametric eq.

Going back to the Drc theme, I’ll wait to see if it integrates with the official Volumio plugins (which already takes a while), I find it very annoying to have to throw away all the installation and configuration work every time I see a Volumio update informing that it can’t be updated because I’ve modified the system.

By the way, activating the plug-in disables the hardware mixer, I guess it’s technically unavoidable, I don’t know much about this, but I think the hardware mixer is something of great importance.

Is it a loss of quality to turn off the hardware volume?

thank you, a greeting

Don’t worry, it is just a display bug… But the HW mixer is still used…
We are working to fix it.

Parametric EQ cannot support XO filters. With DRC plugin you can easilly implement 4th order (or any other order) high pass filter for both channels at any frequency without doing any EQ - only 4th order high-pass will be active.

For me Volumio updates are working normally with DRC plugin. I have never seen a message you mentioned. My current Volumio version is 2.715 for x86 platform.

Thanks krunok,
I also use an oled screen, maybe that’s the real cause.
I had thought that only official plugins do not give problems of this type

Could you please guide me on how to get this with the DRC plugin?

I think it will be more appropriate to ask in the DRC plugin post.