Volumio2 parametric equalizer plugin

There is some problem still now. The first step goes on ok. Starting from mkdir command it fails. Pasting the output.

volumio@volumio:~$ wget github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … triceq.zip
converted ‘https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/audio_interface/volparametriceq/volparametriceq.zip’ (ANSI_X3.4-1968) -> ‘https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/audio_interface/volparametriceq/volparametriceq.zip’ (UTF-8)
–2018-04-25 16:00:48-- github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … triceq.zip
Resolving github.com (github.com)… 192.30.253.113, 192.30.253.112
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|192.30.253.113|:443… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 302 Found
Location: raw.githubusercontent.com/balbu … triceq.zip [following]
converted ‘https://raw.githubusercontent.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/master/plugins/audio_interface/volparametriceq/volparametriceq.zip’ (ANSI_X3.4-1968) -> ‘https://raw.githubusercontent.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/master/plugins/audio_interface/volparametriceq/volparametriceq.zip’ (UTF-8)
–2018-04-25 16:00:50-- raw.githubusercontent.com/balbu … triceq.zip
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)… 151.101.36.133
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)|151.101.36.133|:443… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 200 OK
Length: 862516 (842K) [application/zip]
Saving to: ‘volparametriceq.zip.1’

volparametriceq.zip 100%[=====================>] 842.30K 324KB/s in 2.6s

2018-04-25 16:00:54 (324 KB/s) - ‘volparametriceq.zip.1’ saved [862516/862516]

volumio@volumio:~$ mkdir ./volparametriceq
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘./volparametriceq’: File exists
volumio@volumio:~$ miniunzip volparametriceq.zip -d ./volparametriceq
MiniUnz 1.01b, demo of zLib + Unz package written by Gilles Vollant
more info at winimage.com/zLibDll/unzip.html

volparametriceq.zip opened
Error changing into ./volparametriceq, aborting
volumio@volumio:~$ cd ./volparametriceq
-bash: cd: ./volparametriceq: Not a directory
volumio@volumio:~$

please remove all previous file and restart the installation. I rechecked it and works fine…

Ok. Please tell me the path where the files need to be cleared / deleted. Moreover can I delete the files through ssh?

The location depends on where you put the files… If you just ssh, it is probably in /home/volumio, except if you CD to an other folder before you tried to install.

@balbuze
Thanks.
Removing previous files worked.

Thank you very much for creating this! Works very well and allows precise adjustments.

I use it to roughly correct both room and loudspeaker response with (diy loudspeaker, currently in development). Easy to go from frequency response measurment, to simulations of EQ, to settings in this plugin in Volumio.

As said, 4 bands is a bit limited, but I gladly use what I can get.

Also here big THANK YOU from me!

Hi there,

Thanks for your efforts in making several eq plugins for volumio. I’ve succesfully used the “simple” 10 band equalizer and wanted to try this one instead.

I have a rpi zero with and external dac connected to it, and when I enable this plugin there is no sound. When I disable the equalizer (slider in the lower section of the plugin settings) there is sound.

Could it be that this plugin is not compatible with the rpi zero? Maybe some instructions in the library that are not supported by this CPU?

I see you made a special x86 variant, which parts are CPU specific, then I can look into it and fix it for the rpi zero…

Found it, when I wanted to use the library on the rpi zero I got an error:
volumio@volumio:~$ applyplugin 20khz_16.wav 20khz_16out.wav /usr/lib/ladspa/caps.so.org PlateX2 0.75 0.5 0.25 0.25
Illegal instruction

I’ve recompiled the caps library for armv6:
volumio@volumio:~$ applyplugin 20khz_16.wav 20khz_16out.wav /usr/lib/ladspa/caps.so PlateX2 0.75 0.5 0.25 0.25
Peak output: 9369.39

And it is working like a charm, with unexpectedly much CPU headroom to spare! I thought this would be more CPU intensive, but luckily not.

If you want I can send you my caps.so to support the rpi zero in the plugin also.

Well done!
I don’t own a rpi0, so I never tested on it!
You can make a PULL request on my github. I’ll merge it and update install.sh in order to detect the cpu.
Thanks!

Dear parametric equalizer users :wink: ,
I uploaded a new version of the plugin, with a major improvement : now you can customize the frequency range for each bands! What does it means ? Let’s suppose you need to tweak frequencies around 60Hz, 325Hz,800Hz, 1000Hz but no need for higher frequencies.Just go in advanced settings of the plugin, set range around these values, apply, reload the page and you’ll get your custom equalizer !
Still need some work for a better display and a reset button. But feel free to test and feedback :mrgreen:
Note : refresh the page once you made a change in advanced settings
The plugin will not check if your values are correct ( maybe later), so take care!

https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/tree/master/plugins/audio_interface/volparametriceq

Screenshot-2018-6-10 Yves Simon - Diabolo menthe.jpg
Screenshot-2018-6-10 Daniel Darc - Sweet sixteen.jpg
Screenshot-2018-6-10 Miossec - Après le bonheur.jpg

new version, with:

• a button to restore default settings.
  • auto reload UI when ranges are changed, or default settings restored
  • better cosmetic

feedback welcome :wink:

https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/tree/master/plugins/audio_interface/volparametriceq

Superb! I love it! Kudos to balbuze!
I think this was one of the easiest installations I ever did on the RPi and it all worked immediately!

Thanks a lot for sharing this. You rock! :sunglasses:

@balbuze I still love your plugins, they work great. Are there any news about using it together with your stere2mono plugin?

@balbuze

Hi, new Volumio user here. I’m running Volumio on an Allo USBridge - based on a Sparky therefore. Will the Parametric Equalizer plugin run on it?

@balbuze

Great job! I´m using this pluging to adapt my custom made speaker box sound response, now I´m using an DAC Allo Piano 2.1 this dac has 4 outputs and can bi configured in Full Range or Full Range plus Subwoofer outputs, when param eq plugin is workin there is no possibility of using subwoofer outputs and all outputs are working in full range.

But Anyway is a great plugin and works very well

Thanks for sharing

Hi,
the plugin works fine on a Sparky with Piano 2.1 DAC. But: when I play streaming music from Spotify, it sounds like a 33# lp playing on 78 rpm. Tried lot of possible resample options, but nothing worked out oke. Music from my USB Hard Disk is oke. Any idea where to look further?

Loving this plugin - making my HD800 sing!

Maybe I’m getting greedy, but is there a way to use this and the 10 band EQ on the same system? When I have them both installed and only one of them enabled, the plugin that was installed first is muted whenever it’s enabled.

For example, if I install the parametric EQ, then the graphic EQ, but have the parametric enabled, the audio is muted when I engage the parametric EQ. When the EQ is off (while the plugin is still enabled), music comes through.

Any idea?

Hi Balbuze, your Equalizer is so great, it lifts my system up various levels! Do you or someone else have an idea how I can calibrate it to find the optimal settings? Is there an iPhone calibration app? I have a Rode I-XY mic for iPhone. Thanks so much!

Hi! Thank you!
For Iphone, I can’t tell… But for PCC (win, linux) you can use REW, a very powerful tool for measurement.
And I suggest you to use brutefir plugin, you get something very good in a easy way ! : https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/tree/master/plugins/audio_interface/brutefir3