RockPi-S is a tiny but powerful SBC designed by Radxa. It is a nice low-cost option to run Volumio with decent performance, as an alternative to the Raspberry Pi Zero.
- It is required to use a RockPi-S with 512MB RAM, the version with 256 MB will not work.
- Using the variant with onboard WiFi/BT module, the USB port will be free for connecting a USB DAC.
Please find below the unofficial (a.k.a. community porting) images for the RockPi-S device, with updated kernel and Volumio backend. Those images include MyVolumio, so plugins can be installed from the Plugin Page, after logging in with a MyVolumio account (either Free or Premium).
DISCLAIMER: those images are unofficial, released “as-it-is”. No official support will be provided for this device, but help from other community members is more than welcome.
Updates will be released from time-to-time, without a regular schedule. They can be applied with OTA update or by flashing the new image on the SD-card.
- Onboard Analog output on GPIO header
- I2S Master output on GPIO header
- Plugins from Plugin store
- Manifest UI
- OTA update
- The onboard Analog output on the GPIO header is very noisy, due to poor PCB layout.
- In the Playback output selection, the onboard Analog output is labeled as HDMI.
- The Bluetooth playback is stuttering with the onboard WiFi/BT Module.
RockPi-S Version 3.512 - Update Volumio backend, Supersearch and Infinity playback RC
RockPi-S Version 3.503 - Update Volumio backend, Supersearch and Infinity playback Beta
RockPi-S Version 3.456 - First release, kernel Armbian 5.19.17, with additional WiFi drivers