Teac ud301x gives stability problems

I think my Teac dac gives stability problems. When I use edifier s3000 pro than everything works fine. WIth Teac system is not responding.
I turned off power and back again. Looks it works now This kind of issues I had also on my rpi.

And it stops responding again on Teac.

Got this erro. It is strange because the devices are connected.

I found this error Usb interface not starting, but only when Teac is connected. With Edifier no problem:

usb 1-1.1: 1:2: usb_set_interface failed (-71)
mpd.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
mpd.service: Failed with result ‘signal’.
info: CoreCommandRouter::volumioGetState
info: CorePlayQueue::getTrack 1
info: Executing endpoint metavolumio
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: metavolumio , requestToMetaVolumio

Just a hint: help supporters with links to complete logs, not extracts.
Problems might be interpreted different by others and may not be where you expect them :wink:

1 Like

Do I have this problems because of the thinkerboard R2 version??

red

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/WVv4o0M.html

Well, the R2 version is unsupported so your mileage may vary.

As @gkkpch mentioned,

There may be other issues as the rk3288 SoC was also changed.

I am going to return the board and go for minipc.

Or Odroid N2+, C4.
Not official supported, but they get occasional updates, current at V3.379.
As I have a Odroid N2+ myself, it runs very stable and gives you some GPIO functionality if needed.
This is where the x86/64 will fail.

only the Odroids have no wifi you have to buy adapter will that work?

Sorry can’t answer which one will work, as I run all my gear on wired connection.

No, your DAC was recognized but there is an issue with it, unrelated to R2.0
No need to investigate this further if you’re dropping the R2.0 (which I also would).

Take one of the corresponding Odroid offers, they should work for C4/N2. Tested here.

@gkkpch

Any advise to go for the N2+ or C4? (As I expect that the C4 will already do the trick)

< your DAC was recognized but there is an issue with it>
I am back on rpi3b now there is the same problem with the dac. How to proceed?

Is the Teac ud301x even supported for Linux?

1 Like

on other linux audio systems the Teac works normal. This is the first time I have issues with it.

N2+ has an extra 3.5" headphone/ lineout socket, which you would have to solder for a C4 (and configure as I described in my top post). In both cases, get a case.
Sound quality? I can’t hear the difference when using USB Audio with Khadas Tone2 Pro and Cambridge DacMagic 200M. Btw. you only get full DSD Support for Cambridge with Odroids and x86.

Again, these Odroids still work, but there is no guarantee that you will get regular updates, just want that to be said!

When looking for a cheap minipc: next to the Dell Wyse 3040 mentioned before, the HP EliteDesk 800 G1 i5 is a very nice second hand alternative too.
Perhaps 30-40€ more than a Dell Wyse, but faster (Intel i5) with more memory. Bought one for 80€, as new, to replace an older NUC, which kicked the bucket.

Can’t tell, looking at aplay -l output it shows two subdevices, could be related.
No idea, Volumio only uses subdevice 0.

Booth devices are discontinued.

look for refurbished

3 pieces for 100 Euro, but they need to be collected…

1 Like