Spotify wont accept my username and password again

Thanks took your advice and installed Spotify Connect 2. Took a while to work it out but it is definitely worth it.

So much easier for my technophobe family than the native plug in.

All plug-ins are gone but FusionDSP. Uninstalled Spotify plug-ins and they are gone

They are back.

1 Like

The issue is you can’t select audio quality from the Spotify app when playing on another device and it doesn’t sound like 320kbps

3 Likes

The same is true for me, spotify connect has a significantly lower audio quality compared to spotify on volumio.

I wish they fix this soon, whoever that is but I think minidsp should put some money on the fix too. That’s pretty much the only reason I bought the minidsp shd instead of just keeping my old setup that also used spotify connect and adding a minidsp ddrc24.

5 Likes

The connect plugin only works when you start playing on the volumio device first… so doesn’t work for me. I.e. if I open spotify on phone or computer, the volumio device is not listed. Once I started playing on the volumio device, I could then see it on the apps (phone or PC) and start using the spotify app as a remote control.

In any case, the thing that annoys me about the response from Volumio is this.

I totally understand that I’m currently using a free version, I am also aware that many products are built by communities. E.g. Kodi is 100% community and free.

But that’s not really Volumio. You try, like almost every business model out there, to get a large market share via free customers, and then upsell them to a paid premium plan.

Therefore free customers are not actually free. If you upsell 1 in 100, then the other 99 were actually necessary to get the 1…

I was drawn to this product over others due in many respects to the slick looking website, modern interface, and good development with integrations.

However now, even if I was a premium customer, I lose access to Spotify because a package that was deprecated 5 years ago no longer works?

And volumio first response is that no free developer has “found the time” to fix this…

I would think that Spotify integration would be part of the core development, and if that resulted in it becoming premium only, which I would understand, then then should be advertised clearly on the site.

However for now it all feels like false advertising AND volumio want community developers to improve their revenue generating product for free!

I was in proof of concept mode with this, and there were already issues that stopped me going premium, however there’s now this one, and it’s a blocker for me if volumio don’t take ownership for resolving…

5 Likes

@volumio if you go premium, will Spotify work on your player?

Or do you need the other hardware box to make the magic happen?

Your support form on the webpage is cactus too, recaptcha is having a hernia.

I believe Spotify connect is free plugin. The other Spotify plugin where you can navigate and select stuff from volumio UI is outdated and will not work for now even if you pay.

Forgive my ignorance. Spotify connect just allows you locally to have a device that opens up Spotify select Volumio player as a source?

So I would need 4 x devices to play 4 x playlists, hence removing the need for the players, to begin with?

1 Like

@glueit , Not sure I understand your question. Suppose that you have 4 devices that support Spotify Connect (such as Volumio, Sonos, or whatever). With a Spotify Premium account, you can open the Spotify app on your phone or computer and make it play on any of those 4 devices.

However, an individual (not family) Spotify account only allows playing on one device at a time. If you want to to play 4 different playlists on 4 different devices at the same time, you’ll need 4 Spotify accounts.

Let me clarify,
I have 4 x Rpi with volumio installed on them
I have a Spotify premium family account
Each player has a separate playlist
Each player has it’s own Spotify account as a family member

I very well could use a device onsite say 1 x tablet to open Spotify on it and select the source as one of the players, but not all 4 correct?

So if I wanted the 4 separate playlist playing on 4 different volumios I would need 4 x tablets opening Spotify and streaming from it to the volumio devices.

In this scenario I would just throw the players in the bin and plug the tablets into the mixer.

Is that explained well enough?

Or are you suggesting something else?

1 Like

I believe that you are spot on with everything you said in your reply.

How can you sell a premium product when its free version is abandonware?

2 Likes

Dear All guys,

We well know the matter you are saying
Even if Spotify plugin is not a premium service, and also not Volumio official support matter, since it is a plugin developed for free by the community itself…

It would be our priority to take in charge all of your requests and remarks in order to solve asap this annoying issue, still understanding the discomfort done

The entire team is coming back from Munich’s HIEND today
It will be first priority task try to solve the problem soonest, within a week or so.

Hoping you can understand

Here to help :wink:

Thanks

Davide
VOLUMIO TECH SUPPORT

13 Likes

WOW! Thanks! That’s incredible.

4 Likes

Thanks for updating us Davide. I was in the process off buying a second primo but set it on hold until a fix is in place.

Thanks Davide!

I can’t speak for all the opinions and remarks here, but if you need testers to confirm everything is working, feel free to reach out to this group for any assistance needed! Sorry I don’t code in Node.js (Python/Flask/DHTML)

GB

2 Likes

Count me in too for testing. An official Volumio app would be fantastic.

Im in too for testing, provided I get compensated with a life time premium account :P.

1 Like

You can count me in for testing too. I do expect proper sprint information and a predefined system setup for testing and debugging to avoid needless errors due to other plugins. Can test for rPi, Odroid N2+, x86

2 Likes

@glueit:

So if I wanted the 4 separate playlist playing on 4 different volumios I would need 4 x tablets opening Spotify and streaming from it to the volumio devices.

No, you do not need 4 tablets. For example, using Spotify Connect:

1. Login as player-1 on the tablet and start playlist-1, and Spotify Connect to device-1
  2. device-1 is now running independently and pulling a stream directly from the Spotify server. Even if you turn off the tablet, playlist-1 will keep playing.
  3. Logoff on the tablet (device-1 will continue to play playlist-1, using player-1 account)
  4. Login as player-2 on the tablet and start playlist-2, and Spotify Connect to device-2
  5. Logoff on the tablet and repeat steps for player 3 and 4
1 Like