Project with PeppyMeter/PeppySpectrum Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO

please download again. I have set now the permission of this file for all.
and yes, if set 0 then peppy won’t start by itself

Ok I will,

When testing is complete I will update the code to toggle through the templates by reading config.txt to extract the template folder and scan meters.txt so the array is populated automatically.

When this works as expected it could be integrated into peppy and called directly via a node call.
(Same logic as done by @Old_Duffer for the randomizer plugin).

When this is done, Volumio is fully inline with the more expensive brands on functionality.

The dac is defined in output as “Smsl usb audio”.
I don’t know how to install on raspberry and if there is another driver for my smsl. I found a driver on smsl site…but i suppose that it is for Windows.

@2aCD

Hi Falk,

Modified the code and Yes it works.
Checked if the pid’s where gone and they are.

volumio@volumio-rpi5-allo:~/scripts$ ps ax | grep 'run_peppymeter.sh' | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}'
volumio@volumio-rpi5-allo:~/scripts$ ps ax | grep 'volumio_peppymeter.py' | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}'
volumio@volumio-rpi5-allo:~/scripts$

Updated the code above. Also included a dynamic read of meters.txt, for all template names.
So now I can use mu RC or GPIO to switch between Now playing and Peppy and switch between all templates in that folder. I am a happy baster.

And no, I can’t wait till tomorrow … :joy:

Hello… Kindly help me how to add additional peppy skins to the new version of peppy meter.

Is it just me or do the WeTransfer links for Gelo’s skins expired?

1 Like

Copy the appropriate skins to your resolution (Custom_ Resolution) in:
data/INTERNAL/peppy_scrensaver/templates

yes they expired. Which resolution are you interested in - I will post a new one

Hallo Gelo

1480x320 please :blush:

Sorry to be a pain …. But I too missed the bus with the 1280x800 …… :pray:

I’ll post it in 6 hours when I get home

Thank you :pray:

Ditto!

Didn’t we create a specific topic to combine all templates and avoid these expiring stuff?

Yes, this was created specifically. There is one problem:
cannot load a file larger than 9MB. I don’t want to split files manually (I always miss something). If you can increase the size of the loaded file to e.g. 150MB - I will load everything in the right place.

There are downloads there, but no new ones

@volumio

Hi Mi, seems upload size is a global setting, not sure if we should increase it?

@balbuze increased to 93MB but won’t accept files (only 9MB)

I wrote about it (you know where)

Hi @Wheaten
Since this thread ia becoming too big to find useful information it will be a little hard , I guess it will be a nice idee to have a separate thread with scripts for controlling peppy or peppy spectrum via gpio buttons ? What do you think ?
Thanks

yeah,

are you reading my mind :astonished:

But wan to wait a bit, untill I have complete solution. Currently it’s still a POC.

1 Like

Sorry @Wheaten

I’m so excited! fresh install on a new rpi5, installed touchscreen, installed peppymeter. A few tweaks to the settings and voila! Running on an old hdmi monitor that can now be repurposed!

Can someone please tell me how I can adjust those meters to fill up the screen?
I tried all the settings for “active meter” but no matter what it is set at, the size of the meters only change dimensions a little bit.

Sorry I have to edit my post. The peepymeter only worked the first time :frowning:
I I shook the mouse, but no peppy came back.
I did a reboot and still no Peppy…pretty sure it will start manually, but that 's not what i need.