Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

Thank you for your feedback, but this didn’t work for me, I can’t see anything on my screen. I would like to purchase a new one to make the templates work. I would like to get a bar-shaped screen model, that is fully touch-sensitive, and if possible, with good resolution and brightness.

I’ve seen that around here you have set up screens like that for Volumio. Do you have any recommendations for a bar-shaped screen?

I recommend 1920x515 or 1280x400 - that’s what I have and they work great.
PS. do 1280x800 templates work without an entry in userconfig.txt?

The best quality monitor I have is:
Touch oled

And try to stick with a HDMI screen, less problematic than DSI.
+1 for 1280x400

Hello, I have my Pi4 connected to 2 screens, one of them is 4K but acting as 1920x1080 at 75 inches. I use templates of this resolution for 1080, but on the TV, it doesn’t display completely; the bottom and right side are cut off. Is there a setting where I can look into this issue and solve it? Also asking here if someone uses or if it’s possible to use 2 monitors at the same time with the Pi4, and see the templates on a dual monitor. I’ve tried the latter and I only get image output on one monitor.

1 Like
disable_overscan=1

(userconfig.txt), try

Hi,
I have update the plug-in to version 1.5.0.
It fixed a little issue on title change.

This version use now the arm neon fpu for hardware acceleration on raspberry. The compilation of latest pygame to use the hardware acceleration is very tricky and needs a lot of requirements. Therefore all dependencies are precompiled for raspberry. To use the new dependencies please start with a new fresh Volumio original image. Otherwise an installed pygame will not be replaced. The installation with this pre compilations is now very easy and fast.

Best regards and have fun.
2aCD

3 Likes

Works like crazy!! TY
Don’t be happy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :grin: :grin:There will be further questions and suggestions

Hi @2aCD. On my Rasp pi4 i installed the latest version of volumio and peppymeter 1.4.2 but i noticed that playng from spotify i hear some “click” during the playback (jitter? ) that during the reproduction from my Nas there aren’t. I use the dsd bit perfect option, buffer 12mb.
Some resolutions?

Hi @Roberto_Grieco
at first I would check, Spotify with disabled screensaver plugin. Is then the Spotify sound ok?

@2aCD without peppymeter plugin the reproduction by Spotify is without clicks, with peppymeter instead there are several clicks during the reproduction.

New skins have been added in 1280x400 resolution

3 Likes

I can see that only the skin I marked is not functioning; its details are not available in the metre text.

Will be in the next update (No. 30)

1 Like

@2aCD Hi Falk, no news about mi issue? Thank’s

Thank you :+1:

Hi , i try the new pappymetar 1.5.0. its working with new instalation with Volumio but after 2,3 songs its beginn to stuck like jumpi g on Vinyl, but i use only DSD OR FLACK, with ssd hdd , when i turn ff pappymetar the sam song and othets song play it normaly
I try all version off pappymetar and alwasy the sam issues
What can it be???
I use Rpi4 with 8gb ram and 7" display with

Use only 1 skin and check. You’re probably using Random

i always use ONE SKIN

Do you have select DSD option instead modular alsa

If you click on my Avatar, my settings are at the end of the post