Project with PeppyMeter/PeppySpectrum Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO

Many thanks :ok_hand:

It works for me on Rpi4, have not test it on Rpi5 yet.

Volumio 3.601
Now Playing 0.5.4
PeppyMeter 1.3.9
FusionDSP 1.0.53
Touch Display 3.3.7

I don’t use Spotify at the moment so I can’t tell about that. I have some glitches and stuttering sound some times but that’s after hours of listening. this happens even when I use FusionDSP alone.

As I understand it Peppy should be after DSP in chain as DSP introduce a delay about 800ms.

Best Regards/ C

3 Likes

Oooo and especially for me red one too :upside_down_face:

Thanks !!

@Gelo5 You’re special !!!

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: [PLUGIN] Touch Display

Andy,
Happy you have it working. Gives me hope. In an effort to see where my (non-working) installation may differ from yours, could I ask you to check some settings.

I have:
Volumio version 3.601
PeppyMeter Plugin 1.3.9
Touch Display 3.3.7
Spotify 4.04

I am playing via a RPI 4, Waveshare 1280x400 HDMI display, output via the Pi USB through a Topping D10S. This is a fresh install. Getting no sound at all even though the Spotify app shows song progress.

Settings within Volumio and the plugins are:

Volumio
Audio Output-D10s, I2S DAC-Off, DSD Playback Mode-DSD Direct, DSD Auto Volume Leve-Off, Volume Normalization-Off, Audio Buffer Size-2MB, Persisten Queue-On, Playback Mode-Continuous, Mixer Type-None, Defined Startup Volume-50, Max Volume Level-100, One Click Volume Steps-1, MPD Clients Volume Control-Off, Audio Resampling-Off

Spotify
Bitrate-320kbps, Normalization Pre-Gain-1.0, Device Icon-AV Receiver

Peppymeter
Alsa Configuration-DSD Native(separate pipe), Spotify Integration-on, Screensaver Timeout-15, Active Meter Folder-Wide (2 channels 1280x400), Smooth Needle-8, Needle cache-on, Mouse support-on, VU-Meter-Random, Random-On Title Change

Touch Display Configuration
Screensaver Timeout-120, No screensaver while playing -on, Rotate screen content by-90, Control GPU Memory-on, Show Mouse Pointer-off, Scale Factor-100

When you have a chance, would you advise where your settings are different from mine. Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank

Hi Frank,

I do have one set up on RPi4 with a Waveshare 1280x400 HDMI (7.9") and my configuration works perfectly. Here are my set up:

1. Volumio Options (under General Playback Options): None
    ** (When you set to “None” you should not have an option to the following: “Defined Startup Volume-50, Max Volume Level-100, One Click Volume Steps-1, MPD Clients Volume Control-Off”

2. PeppyMeter. Timeout 5 sec is what I like. I’m not hooking a mouse to RPi so the Mouse Support is set to “Off”. Active Meter Folder is "Wide (2 channels 1280x400)

3. Touch Display: I like timeout at 15 sec. NO Rotate Screen because it handles in the /boot/config.txt.

4. Does your /boot/config.txt look like this:

1280*400 Wide Screen set up:

/boot/config.txt

initramfs volumio.initrd
#GPU_MEM=32
max_usb_current=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_timings=400 0 100 10 140 1280 10 20 20 2 0 0 0 60 0 43000000 3
hdmi_blanking=1
display_rotate=3
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
force_eeprom_read=0

include userconfig.txt

Try my set up. I think you should be okay.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy,
OK, I created a fresh install of all and set it up like yours. Tested it “on the bench” with “Playback options” set to “headphones” and using my headphones it worked great. I took it to my main setup and removed the headphones, connected my Topping D10s DAC via the USB, changed the Playback Options to “D10s” and lo and behold, the songs stop playing mid song.
So, it appears it might have something to do with “Playback Option” selection in Volumio and/or physical output on the Pi (headphone versus USB).
How is your output connected?
Thanks
Frank

I connect my Topping D90mqa via USB. What’s your set up on this? - Volumio Options (under General Playback Options): Hardware or None? Try setting to “None”.

Try turning OFF the “Multiroom Playback” to see if it makes any different.

Andy

Edit: +RED for @eMCZe
Caltec 1480x320 RED.zip (65.7 KB)

1 Like

I love this 39G5 Signal Only Meter and 37G5 CalecOnly Meters :heart:

Awesome for my Ayon Triton logo.

I think that one beer will be not enough :beer:

Red looks really great!! It’s hard to capture it in a photo, but I’ve been playing on the red one for 2 hours and I’m still impressed.

1 Like

Hi together,
I investigated further, what is going wrong in some circumstances in combination of DSP - Spotify - PeppyMeter
Spotify reacts very sensitively to time-critical IO accesses in alsa pipeline. Both plugins use file IO operations (fifo) as input for DSP and PeppyMeter. The result is, Spotify stops, or meters have no smooth movement. For fusionDSP it is possible to use another connection method as fifo. To change this for peppyalsa, it’s very difficult.
I’ll speak with balbuze about a workaround which I found for fusionDSP.

1 Like

@2aCD Thanks.
@balbuze should be able to give you some pointers as he was working on Peppyspectrum.

Hi @Gelo5 Would you please upload 1280x800 resolution skins.

Thanks in advance

2aCD - Thanks for your tireless work. Just a comment. Problem exists for some even with no FusionDSP active. Hopefully whatever you guys come up with will correct the stoppage issue between Spotify and Peppymeter.
Thank you again.
Frank M.

OK, I finished scaling the 1280x400 and 1480x320 skins. I made 500 skins in total. I think at least one skin will fit your system.
@peppy.player - Thank you for your comments regarding anti-aliasing.
Now I’m waiting for the new version of peppymeter and peppyscreen (from @2aCD and @peppy.player)
Thank you to everyone who uses/test my skins.

6 Likes

All new OnlyMeters rulez !! Thank you.