Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

Thanks alot to naimnatnod for helping me with chinese font on peppymeter. I have been meddling with it for a week until he helped. What a wonderful way to end 2023. I am having lots of fun with it.
Btw, I am running peppymeter on a Pi 5 output to a 15 inch display using Gelo’s 1920x1080 skins. I get a full screen of display compared to non full screen on a Pi4.

1 Like

2 Likes

Next, make the VU moving on Spotify… :slight_smile:

How did you get PeppyMeter working for Spotify?

1 Like

With both hands i guess :slight_smile: :crazy_face:

Volumio 3 Issues?

Please see: Volumio 3 issues: hints and solutions before posting a new issue.
(You’ll need to cut and paste the link)

----------------------------- Delete here & above before posting below -----------------
Hello community

These days I’m trying to get Volumio to work with Peppymeter. As soon as I’ve installed everything, Volumio and Peppymeter only run for about half an hour, then the stream and Peppy stop, after a restart it works again for half an hour

I read the forum up and down but didn’t find anything relevant

Or I’m just too stupid :-))

I would be very grateful for your help because I think the project is absolutely great
My hardware:

Raps 4 4Gb and 8GB
Hi-Fi Digi+
Waveshare 11.9 inches
San Disk Extreme 128GB

My approach

Create Volumio 3,569 SD card
Adapt Config.txt to Waveshare
Install plugin for touch
Enable ssh
Copy peppy_screensaver to home/volumio with FileZilla
The following error in FileZilla

Error: Directory /home/volumio/peppy_screensaver/node_modules/v-conf/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/fs: no such file or directory

Install via ssh volume plugin

Peppy activated and set up, and as I said it only works for half an hour

Log:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/yBx1JDs.html

I’m a complete newbie when it comes to Volumio and Linux, and sorry for my bad English, I work with a translator

Wish everyone a happy new year

Best regards

Martin

It seems like disabling PeppyMeter 1.3.0 (or even just changing the peppymeter plugin to use DSD native… effectively disabling the needles for Spotify), makes the skipping issue stop. Not sure if that info helps determine what is actually causing the issue.

1 Like

Peppy meter is not an official approved plugin. So if it fails with Spotify it needs to be resolved by peppy.

Do you have random mode turned on? Does this also happen on one skin?

Hello

Sorry but where can I find the random setting, it happens as soon as I have installed the Peppy plugin even if it is not activated yet, without Peppymeter everything runs smoothly

I get the following error message via SSH after installing Peppy peppy_screensaver

Volumio Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent

permitted by applicable law.

Welcome to Volumio for Raspberry Pi (6.1.58-v7l+ armv7l)

volumio@peppymeter:~$ sudo journalctl -f

– Logs begin at Thu 2019-02-14 11:11:59 CET. –

Dec 29 13:24:29 peppymeter systemd[1768]: Starting Music Player Daemon…

Dec 29 13:24:30 peppymeter mpd[1779]: Dec 29 13:24 : exception: Failed to bind to ‘[::]:6600’

Dec 29 13:24:30 peppymeter mpd[1779]: Dec 29 13:24 : exception: nested: Failed to bind socket: Address already in use

Dec 29 13:24:30 peppymeter systemd[1768]: mpd.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Dec 29 13:24:30 peppymeter systemd[1768]: mpd.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

Dec 29 13:24:30 peppymeter systemd[1768]: Failed to start Music Player Daemon.

Dec 29 13:24:30 peppymeter systemd[1768]: Reached target Default.

Dec 29 13:24:30 peppymeter systemd[1768]: Startup finished in 793ms.

Dec 29 13:24:52 peppymeter sudo[1793]: volumio : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/volumio ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/journalctl -f

Dec 29 13:24:52 peppymeter sudo[1793]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by volumio(uid=0)

Dec 29 13:24:58 peppymeter ntpd[658]: 62.75.236.38 local addr 10.59.2.105 →

Dec 29 13:25:02 peppymeter volumio[768]: info:

Dec 29 13:25:02 peppymeter volumio[768]: ---------------------------- MPD announces system playlist update

Dec 29 13:25:02 peppymeter volumio[768]: info: Ignoring MPD Status Update

Dec 29 13:25:02 peppymeter volumio[768]: ---------------------------- MPD announces state update: player

Dec 29 13:25:02 peppymeter volumio[768]: info: ControllerMpd::getState

Dec 29 13:25:02 peppymeter volumio[768]: verbose: ControllerMpd::sendMpdCommand status

Dec 29 13:25:02 peppymeter volumio[768]: ---------------------------- MPD announces system playlist update

Maybe this will help

Thanks Martin

Thank you
Martin

1 Like

Peppymeter configuration - where you choose resolutions and skins

Happy New Year everyone.

After a week of scratching my head on how to make the PeppyMeter plugin works on Spotify, I finally figured it out how to do it and would like to share.

4 Likes

Got mine working good on the 1480x320

Problems i had:
Made the mistake is replacing the custom5 folder instead of adding to it. ORIGINAL FILES SHOULD BE KEPT

Random makes it freeze. Its working smoothly if i choose the skin manually

the original files can be deleted. You can only leave those that are added

1 Like

Glad you finally got it working.

3 Likes

damn you still have 7 days to go on your watch @Gelo5 i will be done with it in a few hours :slight_smile:
but Gelo a happy newyear 2 you 2 happy skinning in 2024 :slight_smile:

you too Gelo5 happy new year…

Hi together,
wow, I can see a half million new skins for my plugin… very cool. geolo5 you are the skinmaster…
I have check my plugin, if it conform with latest buster 3.569. I see it needs some little changes.
But before I update it on git, I would check some other things.

Hi @naimnatnod Andy
do you have installed the latest Volumio version?
I have seen, with the alsa option set to ‘Modular Alsa’ no more resampling of DSD-files with my DAC.

Can you confirm this with your DSD files on your DAC display?
This option is the only one option, that pipes all input (incl. Spotify) to PeppyMeter. The problem so far was, that DSD files resampled to 192Khz. Is it still like that?
Otherwise this is the prefered setting for everyone, who also uses Spotify.

If the option set to ‘DSD direct’ I create a new MPD output pipe exclusivly for PeppyMeters. Then we don’t affect the standard output pipe. The best way to play DSD files and all other sources (Tidal… ), but Spotify don’t use the MPD, it use an own player. Therfore with this option we have no input for PeppyMeters.

The only way to use Spotify with the DSD direct option, is a redirection of Spotify output to MPD input.
I have an idea how I can do this, bit it is a bit tricky and not simple. I would only do this, if the modular alsa option not correct working with all sources.

best regards and happy new year for all
2aCD

3 Likes