Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

I made the entry in the userconfig and copied the files.
I also can’t find any information about the maximum resolution of Pepymeter
thank you for your effort

PeppyMeter doesn’t set any limit on a screen size. Though that can be restricted by the Pygame library which it’s using. windows - How to get all my system supported screen resolutions in python - Stack Overflow

@peppy.player

Thanks for the info, this means there is not an easy fix beside adding pygame.display.set_mode([screen_width, screen_height]) in every class.

Will setting the screen_width, screen_height in config.txt take care of the resolution. Just asking as I can’t test it.

1 Like

I’m not sure how Volumio plugin handles meter/screen sizes. In the original code you can set the meter size either by using names (small=320x240, medium=480x320 etc) or setting the screen size width/height in the config.txt: https://github.com/project-owner/PeppyMeter/blob/c68190ed96aefed6c77d496383c7cd598cb28a9c/config.txt#L5

If I understand correctly, there are no restrictions on the resolution of Peppymeter?
Can I enter the resolution screen.width or scree.hight for my display somewhere?

These are parameters in the peppymeter config.txt?

1 Like

Let me be clear, I don’t know if it will work, but please test.

• Keep the folder name holding the templates like: custom_7 (2560x720)
  • nano /data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/config.txt
    modify:
screen.width = 2560
screen.height = 720

A less cleaner option to try, undo the previous change first.

Misuse one of the default folders:

• mv /data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/small /data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/old_small
  • mkdir /data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/small
  • Copy the template files to /data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/small
  • Modify ‘configfileparser.py’
    replace:
SMALL_WIDTH = 320
SMALL_HEIGHT = 240

with:

SMALL_WIDTH = 2560
SMALL_HEIGHT = 720
1 Like

Great, thank you very much, your help is unique.
That’s it, the latter part helps!

Do I have to pay attention to anything for future updates other than deactivating the plugins?

2 Likes

If @Gelo5 would provide a few more templates that would be great :upside_down_face:

Yes,

As Peppy_meter is not an official plugin, it might break OTA and needs to be removed first.
Every update on this plugin, will restore the defaults.

So make a copy/note what you have changed, so you can re-apply it.

1 Like

In most cases, ONLY disabling the plugin helps. :grin:
It does not need to be removed.

Hence the might :wink:

Thank you, also for the support! :+1:
That helps me alot… :grinning:

@Gelo5 can you create the above templates for me?
With the titles and album information
Thanks

1 Like

2560x720_TEST4.zip (7.6 MB)

Hello I have an 11.9-inch display and a problem with setting the appropriate resolution, I know that the topic has already been discussed, but I did it as described and nothing happened, once I managed to run it with a good resolution, but after a while the player hangs… I install Volumio, then the touch display plug-in, in userconfig I paste: max_framebuffer_height=1480
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_timings=320 0 80 16 32 1480 0 16 4 12 0 0 0 60 0 42000000 3
display_rotate=3 #1: 90; 2: 180; 3:270

then I install peppymeter, I paste the 1280x320 resolution skins in the custom_5 folder and nothing works… help

please throw a link which display this is.

1280x320, 1480x320? Where do you put your skins?

1480x320, I put the skins in the folder: data/plugins/miscellanea/peppymeter/custom_5 (1920x480)
but I delete everything from this folder first, maybe not necessary?

I tried without removing the previous skins from the folder and it works, thank you for your willingness to help, what you are doing here is great!!! I envy your extensive knowledge

Hello, after overcoming all previous problems, I have the following special features: When outputting with peppymeter, the display for radio streaming works without any problems. With services like Spotify or Qobuz, the display freezes or the VU meters don’t run.

2 Likes

Thanks, the problem is solved. The problem occurs when playback is controlled from Qobuz