[PLUGIN] YouTube Music

Great! Just restarted again, and indeed it signed in as soon as I clicked on an item in my YT library. Thanks again.

it is not working now. can you check why? thank you

Just checked. Itā€™s working here. Some logs would help.

What i get today from YT plugins it stops randomly on bad certificate chain

info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: network , getCachedIPAddresses
error: request to https://www.youtube.com/youtubei/v1/browse?prettyPrint=false&alt=json failed, reason: self signed certificate in certificate chain FetchError: request to https://www.youtube.com/youtubei/v1/browse?prettyPrint=false&alt=json failed, reason: self signed certificate in certificate chain
at ClientRequest. (/data/plugins/music_service/ytmusic/node_modules/volumio-youtubei.js/bundle/node.cjs:8098:18)
at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:315:20)
at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:469:9)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:315:20)
at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:106:8)
at emitErrorCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:74:3)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:80:21)
error: Failed to execute browseSource: FetchError: request to e&alt=json failed, reason: self signed certificate in certificate chain

I think this is more likely an issue with your network environment than the plugin itself (like a firewall adding self-signed certificate to the chain). What do you get when you ssh into Volumio and run:

openssl s_client -connect youtube.com:443

Hi, we do not have any SSL decryption policy in place, the firewall is not licensed for it. No inspection, no filtering, a simple NAT router:

After playing for 10-15 minutes, i get this error message in the /dev (live debug).

Iā€™ll see if it continues today, reboot the firewall etcā€¦

(Updated) yesā€¦ for whatever reason, the (Fortinet) certificate gets in the way even though i have no policiesā€¦ Thanks for the cue

volumio@fitforme-lvl:~$ openssl s_client -connect youtube.com:443
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=2 C = US, ST = California, L = Sunnyvale, O = Fortinet, OU = Certificate Authority, CN = fortinet-ca2, emailAddress = support@fortinet.com
verify error:num=19:self signed certificate in certificate chain
verify return:1

Since the 1.1.2 stopped working, I installed the 1.1.3 according to the instructions.
It play music, however, now I need to go in the plugin to search for songs - is that intentional?

Furthermore my lists of favorites arenā€™t accessible anymore (playback would not start after klicking on a song)

I was a bit desperate because at first I didnā€™t realize that I actually need to enter the plugin to make it work, therefore I removed (and re-granted) access to my youtube several times - can it be a cause or ist that the update?

Interestingly, when I click on ā€œhistoryā€, ith shows the songs I played the last 10 minutes and the list of songs of June 2018(!!).

Aaaaand, last but not least, however I disabled Autoplay in the settings, it autoplays. Any idea how I can prevent it?

Thanks a lot!

I tested signing in with version 1.1.3, and while it still didnā€™t automatically sign in after a restart, it did sign in immediately once I accessed the pluginā€™s settings. Previously, I had to toggle the disable/enable option to achieve this.

1 Like