[PLUGIN] Now Playing

Here’s a log for the missing weather details on the idle screen.

There’s this error:

error: [now-playing] API endpoint weather/fetchInfo returned error: Error: Could not fetch weather: Could not obtain API key

1 Like

I am aware of this error but busy at the moment to fix it. Will do some time in the next few days.

2 Likes

On all my 4 Volumio.s date and weather are present.

Thanks!

.I’m sorry if I offended anyone

Hello, I don’t get the point and especially the tone of your post. The person who uses his skill and free time to create and develop this amazing plugin has said he’ll fix the api issue in a few days when he can find the time.

@SimonE

Most people have no clue what time and effort people put in to delivery free software or plugins. The maintenance involved to keep supporting it, when API’s etc change.
To be honest, we all bought an rPi, LCD, installed Volumio so we can see a weather report. :joy:

Hello, I have a raspberry pi 4 model b with a waveshare 11.9 inch touch screen, on which the latest volumio is installed. I installed the peppymeter plugin and it works great, and I also installed the Now playing plugin and I wanted it to show me the weather forecast, but it won’t show it, it’s just a black screen with a clock. I didn’t set it right, so it won’t show me. Look at the pictures.

If you read few post higher you will know that problem is “global” and we wait for new version.

Thanks man

Updated v0.5.6;

• Weather showing again
  • Metadata: remove track number from query (credit: Victor-arias)
  • Metadata: option to remove parenthesized words from query (@pjorgenunes )

Plugin currently in beta channel. To update:

• (optional) Backup current settings under “Backup / Restore Settings”
  • Uninstall old version
  • Restart Volumio
  • Enable “Plugins Test Mode” in http://<your volumio address>/dev
  • Go to plugin store → click Details button under Now Playing plugin → install latest beta version
  • (optional) Restore settings under “Backup / Restore Setting”

Unless stated “optional”, all steps are mandatory

5 Likes

@patrickkfkan

Thanks for your commitment!!!

Great job !!! Thank You.

Thanks @patrickkfkan!

Thanks!

Thanks @patrickkfkan , I’ll try to test it later or tomorrow and give feedback.

Special thanks on the parenthesized words feature :pray:

Hi @patrickkfkan et all,

For now I could only have time to test the “parenthesized” removal on metadata search and it is working like a charm.

Example:

With option enabled:

With option disabled:

Just Awesome!

Thanks!

Should v0.5.6 become the latest stable version now? v0.5.5 is not what you want.

1 Like

thanks dear friend

Hello ,
I have installed the latest version but the wheather forecast is not working …
I have added the geographic location
Please find the logs
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/C3Iq7gx.html
Thanks for your help