[PLUGIN] Now Playing

You can’t set an URL for the background. If you want to set a specific image, go to Volumio Settings → Appearance. Under ‘Theme Settings’, upload the image you want to use. Then go to the plugin settings and choose ‘Volumio Background’ for Background Type. Then select the file you have uploaded from the Image dropdown list.

Both weather stats and background are refreshed every 10 minutes (but not necessarily at the same time). The background refresh interval is configurable; weather refresh interval is not.

I don’t think it’s doable.

If you truly meant playlist and not queue, then it isn’t doable because the plugin doesn’t know if you are playing from a playlist.

If you meant queue, then it is doable only if the music service actually utilizes the queue and you have queue mode set to “normal”, “repeat” or “repeat single” (even in “repeat single” mode, there is no guarantee that a song will be repeated due to Volumio’s buggy statemachine).

1 Like

Hi Patrick,

how can I change the time into 24 hours
now its 6:35 instead of 18:35

thanks

What is your Locale set to?

You just need to enable 24H in Dock Component-clock (Now Playing Configuration)

Thanks for the information.

Also after double checking my cpu average load on pi4 is almost 0% with temp of 43-44c. So turning off animation has really helped.

Thanks

Thanks…

I tried to do the same thing with my very old 5th gen. Amazon Fire, hoping to give it a reason to live again :smiley:
I managed to install Full Kiosk Browser but unfortunately any meta information I try to get from Genius doesn’t work, always reporting “unavailable” (which doesn’t happen when I access the plugin page from my pc, smartphone or TV).

Did you also flash your Fire with LineageOS ?

No, I didn’t. I thought it might work without that flash.
Evidently it’s not :sweat_smile:

You definitely have to flash. FireOS on Fire 7 (5th / 7th gen) doesn’t go beyond version 5 , which is a handicapped customization of Android 5 and really too old to support modern web technologies. Of course, flashing custom ROMS entails the risk of bricking your device so…

I will try to do it. Even if I were to brick the device it wouldn’t be a big deal since I haven’t used it for a long time…

Good luck then! I think for 5th gen you don’t have to open the case to short pins as long as you are able to downgrade your FireOS to 5.0.1 , but I don’t have one so can’t verify You might want to read the whole thread at xda before starting.

Hi Patrick,

i want to use that last update of volumio !!
on the previous version, I have installed the following plugin Contempory/Touch Display/Now Playing
and uninstall Contemporary this work goed…

Now with the last version, Touch Display and Now Playing does I need Touch Display?

Thanks

You still need touch display

Hello
I use now playing and I think it is great. My configuration, rasptouch with touchdisplay and rpi4.
For me everything works fine except for the duration of the songs.
Indeed, when I use spotify connect the total time of the song on the right is updated. However, the scroll on the left is not updated after a few songs. The time is cumulative. See picture.
It’s not serious, but I can’t follow the progress. If I want to put things back correctly, I have to do a refresh.
Thanks in advance
Christian

Does this happen only with Spotify Connect?

During playback, is the Now Playing screen always active? Do you have a screensaver / peppymeter that gets activated at some point during playback?

Also, what version of Now Playing are you on?

For the moment, it is only with spotify connect, that I noticed the problem.
The now playing screen is always active during playback.
I don’t have a screensaver, I have it removed on touchdisplay during playback. No peppymeter installed.
I have the latest version of now playing 0.3.5

I see. When this happens, could you go to http://your volumio address/dev and copy the part under “Player State” for me? You can PM me if you want.

Hello.
Raspberry with volumio as bridge for roon via usb to dac.
When i was played via airplay volumio responded to the file being played and showed data in “now playing”.
When I switched to roon on ALSA to be able to upsampling the dsd, the volumio plays the sound to the dac, but does not respond as if the signal is missing it. Of course, now plaing is also unresponsive.
Any one can help me?
thank you

Paweł