Contemporary optimizations plugin for local connected displays

does the now playing plugin work along with peppymeter as a screen saver?

1 Like

Yes it does, and you can decide when (after xx secs) should peppy meter run as screen saver, till this moment you will see “now playing” screen.

2 Likes

how set it for 50 inch 4k tv. ?
I will pay for this help

You don’t have to pay here. You will surely find a solution. This is a forum of “good people”
First, write what you want to set?

Thanks for the reply. I got it up and running. Just need to figure out how to make it work with Spotify or just have it show only for local files

1 Like

I don’t use spotify, but i think there was some issue with spotify - you can ask author here [PLUGIN] Now Playing - #246 by patrickkfkan

now playing works fine with spotify. I meant peppymeters

Yes sorry my mistake, wrong link :smiley: here is correct link Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster - #803 by tyzwyzb

As far as I am aware, cover art, track info and time remaining are working. the VU meters are not working for SPOP.

Looks amazing, what’s the screen?

Good day! How to avoid these dots on the screen? How to expand the display area by two or three lines for “Titles” and two or three lines for " Artist - Album"?

1 Like

Just take a smaller font

HI! sorry to bother you, but you have plans to update the plugin to the last version of volumio (3.324)?
I accidentaly update and lost the plug in compatibility

thank you! And love this plug in, can’t live without it!

I did a fresh install of Volumio 3.324 and then install the plugin, now work flawless!

For anyone wondering, I just installed in on a fresh install of 3.378, and it worked perfectly.

1 Like

Please, can you anyone help me with hiding these two buttons can’t fit in.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this!!! I absolutely love my Volumio now!! Great work!

Volumio 3.396 on a very old laptop :slight_smile:

Here are my screens:

Does this work on latest Volumio? I get
? Do you want to install this plugin anyway? Yes
No package found
volumio@volumio-pi4:~/contemporary_advanced$ volumio plugin install

The discussion above is about the plugin called Now Playing, which is available from the user interface section in the plugins menu.
Edit: some of the discussion above.

Hi.

Are you modifying the app*.css files in one of the www folders like? /volumio/http/www/styles/? I tried making an addition to those files and it worked when using the classic skin, but not yours.

A useful addition to your configuration options would be to allow the user to modify min-height for webkit-scollbar-thumb from 10-50 just like you did with the width of webkit-scrollbar. This will make it much easier to use for those with a small touch-screen and a tiny scroll-thumb with long music library lists.

I managed to make it work when using the classic skin, but not when using your modified one.

I’m using a 3.5" touch-screen with my setup. Here’s a photo of the classic skin scrollbar thumb height. This used to be about 10px before I modded the css file and it was impossible to touch with your finger! It’s about 10px high using your mod 2 and about 20 using your mod 1.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Andy