[PLUGIN] MPD OLED - installation & configuration plugin

just tried about 5 seconds delay in the volumio app, Spotify app no ​​delay. no stutter either.

1 Like

What version of the mod_oled plugin are you using? The latest is 1.1.0

Hi @supercrab,

I did a quick check. With the added lines to the start-up service. It seems okay to remove the line:

sound.target

So the new line will be:
After=network.target mpd.service

It seems that the response is better. Tested this with 1 single album and multiple reboots.

1 Like

Done, thanks!

Me done too :slight_smile:

Installed V1.1.1 and is running flawless for a few hours (3) now.

1 Like

Good news indeed, hopefully it’ll be live on the store soon! :sunglasses:

Previously switching to ‘none’ in mixer types gave me immediate control again - but would also introduce an unacceptable number of dropouts.

Just tried ‘none’ again and things seem much better with this version. Airplay from my iPad used to be the worst case - listening now, a few dropouts just after connection but, fingers crossed, things seem ok.

Not having software volume control is not the end of the world - but is there a setting I’m missing on the software mixer that might help matters?

Whatever happens though, I’m really pleased to have Volumio back to working just how I want it. Thanks to the team, plugin producers and the forum. It’s really easy to get frustrated and blame the whole world, (anyone but yourself) but when it works - Volumio is so good.

1 Like

what are the difference between 1.0.18 and 1.1.1?

with 1.1.1 I keep getting this error

reverting back to 1.0.18, the problem is gone

Only change is:
V1.0.18 No conditions
V1.1.0 After=network.target sound.target mpd.service
V1.1.1 After=network.target mpd.service

In the startup service.
And this is only used to delay the start of mpd_oled after mpd is ready.
Because of the sound target, some reported a delay in response, so it is removed.
But this should not have any impact on your error as it is only a startup condition.

Did you fully removed the previous version, rebooted and installed the latest?

2 Likes

No, I uninstalled and installed the new one without reboot

I will try again

following your procedure, it works for me too

Sounds good.
Experience bigger delay’s when skipping back and forward?

1 Like

little delay with spotify tracks, no delay with local mp3 files

@Darmur
Thanks for reporting back

@supercrab
Let’s see for a week what the feedback is.
if it stays like this We got a final stable version.

1 Like

Agreed, lets see how it goes for the next few days… :crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4: Thanks @Darmur & @Wheaten :facepunch:t4:

I released mpd_oled v1.1.1 stable !
Thanks for your work!
@supercrab @Adrii links found here are outdated :wink: GitHub - antiprism/mpd_oled: MPD, Volumio, RuneAudio and Moode OLED status and spectrum display for Raspberry Pi (and similar)

1 Like

When the store plugin version appears to be working well I’ll promote that as the preferred method of installation on Volumio, and refer people to this thread for support.

2 Likes

installed v1.1.1 stable en all oke.
had to uninstall first, reboot and install, otherwise alsa error.

question, is there a certain thought behind this, it goes from 1 to 3.

Duh… Kept thinking where did I see that logo of Adrii, he’s the Git guy… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes