[PLUGIN] IR Remote Controller feedback thread

Did you already install the IR Controller plugin?

just drag and drop this two files

or the map

No, extract " Audiophonics RaspDAC Mini.zip". Then drag and drop the extracted folder “Audiophonics RaspDAC Mini” (containing the two files “lircd.conf” and “lircrc”) into “/data/INTERNAL/ir_controller/configurations” on your Volumio system.

P.S. Did you install the IR Controller plugin?

no i did not install the IR controller plugin, i do now

i have install the plugin i have drag and drop the extracted folder

i have install it select the mini what must I do with the GIO configuration

You need to select the GPIO number corresponding to the pin the IR receiver is connected to on the Pi.

how can i see that?

the ir has three pins

on the board GIO 04
GND
3V3

Could you post a picture?

Ok, then select GPIO 4, don’t change other settings for now and click “Save”.

Thanks, it work

Hi All,

I have, earlier today, posted a question regarding exactly this Audiophonics remote control being discussed here in another thread (DAC sabre Audiophonics). As explained over there, I have:

• AUDIOPHONICS EVO-SABRE Balanced DAC 2x ES9038Q2M USB GPIO Raspberry Pi SPDIF Bluetooth XLR RCA
  • a RBPI4
  • the Waveshare 7.9inch HDMI touch display
  • and of course Volumio running on it

My problem is that the remote control provided with the Audiophonics DAC was only working partially, the play/pause and left/right etc. buttons were not working. Everything else is just fine.

Later then, I found this thread and followed the suggestions:

1. install the “IR Remote Controller” plugin
  2. copy the content of that zip with the “Audiophonics RaspDAC Mini” profile to the right place
  3. select that profile in the plugin, and set GPIO to 4 (simply because I did not know any better)
  4. reboot

Now I have the play/pause and left/right buttons also working nicely, with the only issue being that sometimes pressing a button once results into more than 1 action - e.g. pressing “right” once, but moving to the second or third next track.

Maybe also relevant, the status of the remote control int the “Audiophonics Evo Sabre” plugin is now showing errors (and fomerly did not).

So, in essence it seems that that Audiophonics RaspDAC Mini profile is doing something better than the DAC plugin, but is also somehow conflicting with it.

Any suggestions anyone?

If you are using the “Audiophonics Evo Sabre” plugin I suggest not to install the IR Controller plugin, too. The “Audiophonics Evo Sabre” plugin should already handle the remote controls signals. Having both plugins may lead to conflicts/interferences.

Assuming you want to use the “Audiophonics Evo Sabre” plugin I suggest to uninstall the IR Controller plugin. Since this will also uninstall lirc you will probably have to uninstall and reinstall the “Audiophonics Evo Sabre” plugin after that.

I did what you suggested:

1. uninstalled the IR controller plugin
  2. uninstalled the Audiophonics Evo Sabre plugin. This failed for lirc was missing, so I had to uninstall it manually (remove the directory, and its reference in plugins.json)
  3. reboot

now I am back to where I was - the remote control only working partially (just the volume, mute, power, input and filter buttons).

It seems the Audiophonics Evo Sabre plugin is not installing lirc by itself. It should be in the dev folder, right?

It should.

Since this appears to be an issue with the Audiophonics Evo Sabre plugin I suggest to ask for support in the [ [PLUGIN] Audiophonics EVO Sabre thread.

I was already in contact with Audiophonics directly, and they had even offered that I sent the DAC back and they test it. Since I was sure this is a config issue I played around with it a bit more first.

I now have everything working. I am not sure why though. I installed lirc manually again (python - Setup IR Remote Control Using LIRC for the Raspberry PI (RPi) - Stack Overflow), added “dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=4” to my userconfig.txt, rebooted several times, and now it does what it should.