PeppySpectrum - The plugin!

OK…I’ll put the mouse under the table :pensive:

But that’s what I meant…when I press the mouse on the Pi, spectrum stops and then doesn’t come up in play again. Then you have to start via plugin management.

yeah see what you mean, it’s for a bug log.

• Pressing stop via web GUI, the spectrum meter starts and stops properly. However pressing stop doesn’t close the background image
  • Doing the same via the touchscreen, peppy won’t start anymore, unless you hit apply in the settings screen

Modifying setting in config.txt.tmpl, doesn’t help.
exit.on.touch = True

simple don’t use a background image :slight_smile:

Currently settling with this:

Thanks for the plugin, all seems to be working fine with Tidal.

Is it possible to move the image from top left of screen to bottom left? What do I need to change to achieve this? I’m looking to do that with the ‘medium’ preset.

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

Today I wanted to install Peppyspectrum on another rpi 4 but I can’t get the plugin to work here.
When I look at the log, I see that a module called PIL is apparently missing.
Any idea what’s wrong here?

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/1cXegAm.html

Thanks for the help…

Done…I found an error, the DAC itself is apparently the problem…
But no problem…then just different…

:grin:
DSD native…so it also works with the stupid dac

HI

can we hope a new serie of templates be created ? I think about spectrum analyser vertical colored bars base.

Is it something that would be easy added ? For me vumeter are nice, but usefull that showing the spectre distribution.

Like here

Analyser

1 Like

This all depends on the developer of peppymeter.
@balbuze, just released the first beta to enable Peppy_Spectrum in Volumio.
Currently the source of Peppy_Spectrum has very limited functionality.
You can also take a look at the MPD OLED plugin. Which shows a spectrum analyzer.

can you share what it looks like the peppy_spectrum ?

regards

Georges

There is a specific thread for it

Based on my testing, this doesn’t work with an external/HDMI display?

Hello,

It also works on an external HDMI monitor but not with every DAC… that’s my experience

1 Like

This Spectrum plugin needs @Gelo5 attention :slightly_smiling_face: His creativity can help to make this plugin look attractive. If there is any problem with the original PeppySpectrum code just let me know.
Here is the example of the project which leverages the PeppyMeter and PeppySpectrum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFTfLY49xJQ

2 Likes

It would be great if we could move the spectrum to other positions on the screen, instead of top left.

@peppy.player , do you think it would be possible to add such vizualisation into the touch display kiosk plugin as something below ?

for sure this is just a suggestion, many other viz are also nice.

I am not able to do such pluggin but can help to test it.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=576737612&rlz=1C1GCEJ_enFR922FR922&sxsrf=AM9HkKkhYuLyWsEcAuI4Xdd_MjG8QZNvLA:1698299284294&q=audio+spectrum&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwin7b_sgZOCAxWKwQIHHQSLAroQ0pQJegQICxAB&biw=1396&bih=643&dpr=1.38

1 Like

I can add the ability to place it in any location. Hmm, I’ve checked the code and these properties are in place already :slight_smile:

1 Like

What exactly do you mean? You can achieve a similar appearance by creating your own spectrum. There is currently no toppings functionality. I’m planning to add it in the future.

@peppy.player
hi
As the peppymeter is not compliant with the use of fusion dsp, is it the same case with spectrum ? or can we hav both running ?

I’m not sure what is the issue with PeppyMeter and fusion DSP. But as PeppySpectrum is using the same ALSA plugin (peppyalsa) as PeppyMeter I would imagine that there will be the same issue.

1 Like