Open Beta Testing of new TIDAL and QOBUZ implementation, feedback wanted

Hi,
V 2.853, after on night the volumio does not want to output music to usb port.
When I press start in qobuz, web radio, song is started, volumio status shows as play but I have no sound on my speakers, also the mpd oled does not show the play screen but without the spectrum
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/vAfb75S.html

If I switch to chromecast audio to same satup I have Sound on my speakers, so it is from volumio.

After a restart is OK
Thanks.

Hello dear volumio,
II have the same issue :frowning: no sound out of my volumio… After staying on for 10 hours. After a reboot all is ok. How can I help here in identifying the root cause.
Thanks

Being new to Volumio, with my Primo (HiFi edition) I bought last week, there is always a risk that my issues are due to clumsiness. But here I go:

Primo firmware is updated to the latest version.
Qobuz integration Beta is ON.

-track and artist names are random characters
-when trying to play preset track list from Qobuz, in some cases only 30 seconds of the track is being played before going to the next one.
-adding tracks/albums to ‘favourites’, gives the green bar saying it has been added, but favourite list remains empty.
-when having to Qubus app active, Volumio can not login to my Qobuz account (not sure if this is because Qobuz is running)
-sometimes when Volumio is playing Qobuz content, Qobuz is not listed as an active service at the home screen (no Qobuz square). Content can not be searched, although I can select another track from the album playing.
-currently I am unable to login at all, see attached picture.

My guess is I am doing something wrong @volumio

Screenshot_20201124-203516|236x500

30s tracks on Qobuz appear to be a ‘preview’ that the full album is going hi-res soon. At least, they nearly always turn into the full album tracks eventually. Patience is required!

Example: I noticed today that some Shpongle albums will be going hi-res soon. This is great news.

-adding tracks/albums to ‘favourites’, gives the green bar saying it has been added, but favourite list remains empty

This problem is with Tidal as well, also you can’t delete the last item (local lib) added to favourites.

1 Like

These were indeed all hi-res albums. But that’s good news indeed. Any Idea how much patience is needed?

Meanwhile things are running again, without the Beta Qobuz implementation. Very satisfied with the sound quality of the Primo :blush:.

In my experience with Qobuz the 30 second previews are for tracks which you can only buy from them not stream.

There is no guarantee that you will be able to stream the full version of these tracks in future. Sometimes the rights holder just won’t allow certain tracks to be streamed only purchased.

I met the problem with Rammstein. Only 30 sec MP3 only. But, same thing from their app or en site. I wrote them and the answer is the this.artist is not streamable because he doesn’t allow it (no right to do that)… Very weird as Spotify allows it.
So it seems to be not a problem with Volumio.

1 Like

In some cases, e.g. the first two London Grammar albums, the 30s tracks became the full hi-res album after a few weeks, so it varies.

I wish Volumio could disable them, though, as they are useless.

Have been following this thread closely past weeks. Since I am not too good with a Rpi, I am curious if this is in a stable form right now. Can I just update the software and have a working product?

Or wait (and lurk) a little longer?

Thank you for the updates on this, very curious how it is going to work :slight_smile:

Cannot login to Tidal. I get this error.

Yes, it seems quite stable now.

Hi

Using Tidal on 2.853 and when trying to pick tracks from a playlist or album it will incorrectly play tracks 4 or 5 below the one I clicked on. If I click on the desired track again the previous wrong track will start again but silently. Also occasionally it will play a different audio from what the track info displays, if I look at the Dev page the player state is currently showing a track different to the one actually playing.

Getting the track you want to play is rather difficult.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/QofrBrn.html

RPI4
Volumio v 2.853
Qobuz
Still the problem with some album/artist. Can’t play
Example ‘katatonia’

returns :

Nov 27 10:44:34 volumio-rpi4 volumio[1137]: info: An error occurred while exploding URI:

edit : I really like https://volumio.org/introducing-volumio-album-week/ 's choices :wink:
edit 2 : It happens today with most of albums

We are having some issues with the Cloud system which we are following closely.
Sometimes also the OAUTH login is affected.
We will update you ASAP

1 Like

Hi,

I have a rPi 2 with an Audiophonics ESS DAC board, running for the past 5 years. Why am I telling this? because I experienced Volumio as a stable platform for the past 5 years. If you mean by “stable” a software, that is not crashing, then yes, volumio is stable.

If by “stable” you mean feature-equivalent to big-industry solutions (Sonos, BlueOS, HEOS etc.) then the answer is no. But this has never been the intent of volumio. Right now, volumio offers working integrations of Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz and can either access a network drive or manage files on a directly connected USB drives. You can also stream audio through Bluetooth or Airplay to a volumio device.

If you need a specific feature, be it a more comfortable Qobuz integration, easier ways to add network drives or whatever, than you need to be aware, that volumio is a open source platform, maintained and managed by a very small group of very dedicated developers. Their resources are limited and they have to prioritise, which new features they can implement.

Setting up a rPi yourself is quite easy and you will find all the help you need on this forum. Building a DAC/streamer is no more difficult than snapping together two Lego bricks. Burning the volumio OS onto a flashcard is no big deal either.

If you just want an inexpensive streamer, without building it yourself, look at the bundles from Allo, audiophonics.fr, HiFiberry etc.

A bit more upscale is the pro-ject streambox S2, the S2 more so. Both are running customised volumio versions. The Volumio Primo Box is another option. Moneywise, the miniDSP SHD series tops the list, afaik, but offers quite a few tricks that are independent of the volumio implementation.

Theres a lot out there to choose from and it’s up to you to make a decision - but if you’re not sure, just ask away here. There are lot of knowledgeable people 'round here.

Update: we are having an outage on the Cloud service, we are working fast to solve it.
If you can’t access TIDAL or QOBUZ, simply disable beta mode and you will be good to go

1 Like

Thank you. That explains the problems I was having earlier, sometimes requiring three attempts to play a Qobuz track.

All issues solved. Everything is back to normal working order.

Basically, an expired certificate messed up the ingress configuration on the Kubernetes cluster. All solved now;

Well done! Working in IT, I know how easily an expired certificate can screw things up.