New Volumio Spotify Plugin Open Beta-Testing

Would only work with the Primo, Rivo etc. Spotify will never allow for the use in open source software, so everyone running Volumio on an Pi etc. would be left in the cold.

Volumio is NOT open source. They could very well burry the Spotify plugin in the myvolumio portion, like how Tidal and Qobuz currently is. They could even make it a free (as in beer) plugin like manifest UI, and not release the source?

Spotify just wants you not to release their SDK, but have a good user experience when you claim Spotify compatibility.

Donā€™t you think we tried already to contact them several times, with no response from their side?

1 Like

McMuffin is backā€¦ :rofl:

Like Volumio themselves write on the homepage and Github ā€œOpen source Audiophile Media Player for Raspberry PI and other micro-computers.ā€ There is parts of Volumio that is not open source if you use the premium functions.

Thatā€™s not possible surely? He said right here on this thread that heā€™d quit Volumio for good and moved his systems to HiFiBerryOS.

Way back in November of 2022. He seemed so sure of himself.

1 Like

Simon, ben geen moderator meer, maar laten we dit soort diskusies toch maar beter weg.
Hij heeft HiFiBerry al laten vallen, prima toch?

Hello,

I have Volumio OS (Free Version) on a Raspberry Pi 4 and i have Activate the Plugin for the Spotify(which is Premium Individual) , after restart of Rapsberry PI the account of Spotify log off and the password field of Spotify becomes Blank and i have to connect again at Spotify with my credentials.

How we can solve this?

1 Like

@DED can you help him with this.

• Uninstall Spotify
  • Reboot
  • Install Spotify from the plugin store
  • Reboot
  • Login
1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
I have done these steps but the issue doesnt solved.
I realize that when i cut off the power supply for a few days then when i open the volumio the spotify account has been signed off.
How we can solve this?

Any news for this issue?

Spotify plugin stopped working for meā€¦
can browse, but wont play any track.
re-installed the pluging, same resultā€¦
Anyone else having this issue?
thanks

When you try to play a spotify track does it play a music from your library, or nothing happens?

nothing happens.
and if I move the progressive bar, it gives me API error message

I can not help you then.

When you have songs in queue and if you play anything from spotify connect it starts playing next song in previous queue (solution being cleaning the cue before playing spotify).

Same here. Can search for and add Spotify songs to the queue, but cannot start playback. Other sources in queue play fine.

Any news? Located in Netherlands, if that helps narrow anything down.

Edit1: this refers to regular Spotify playback. Spotify Connect hasnā€™t worked for me (not visible in my phones Spotify app) since Volumio. Works fine on my kodi setup in another room, so no itā€™s not my fault;). So volumio is basically a brick now, as I only sporadically use it to play non Spotify content.

Edit2: if I try to go to a position in the song, I get a red Spotify api popup error ā€œunauthorizedā€

Reboot, disabling, re enabling, logging out and logging in the Spotify plugin has no effect.

Edit3: related to this reported @ librespot? New commit this week solved something: "Unable to load encrypted file" on every song Ā· Issue #1182 Ā· librespot-org/librespot Ā· GitHub

OK so thereā€™s some behavior that is new to me but are features of the plugin?

1. We have three Spotify accounts in our household. One of which is dedicated to volumio Spotify plugin. Only if I login to my phoneā€™s Spotify app using the same account as for volumio Spotify plugin, do I see volumio Spotify connect device in the phone app.

Is this expected behavior? Because for other Spotify connect devices (kodi for example), no account is required, and they are visible and controllable as long as my phones Spotify app (with my own account) is in the same network.

1. After I played one song through Spotify connect (using the same account for my android Spotify app as for the volumio Spotify plugin), I logged out of my phones Spotify app and logged in again with my regular account. I can no longer see volumio Spotify connect device in my phone app. But also: suddenly volumio can play Spotify tracks again?!? Anybody understand why I couldnā€™t get it to play for one week, but after doing above, suddenly it can play tracks again?
1 Like

Issue report:
Volumio 3 x86 version
Plugin version 3.0.9

When Volumio has played some files and has in queue filled by songs - volumio connection has start play next song after stopped and nothing could stop this play. In volumio play tab shown spotify music / song but wont play.

To stop - need to play via Volumio another music, stop it and clean queue.
Only after Spotify could connect.

Please fix this. Itā€™s very unusable.

1 Like

Hi team, I have a player, that doesnā€™t play a playlist.
If I go onto SSH and do a status it says ā€œStoppedā€

I thought it was the queue but alas, I worked out it wasnā€™t.
I went to http://IPADRESS/queue and cleared it.

I did logon to Spotify and logout of all devices, the Spotify account is premium.

The software is up to date, and running on a pi4

Can you start the playlist in SSH?