New 2023 Spotify Plugin

This is still merge request, which should be reviewed and approved by volumio team, then merged and released. But before that I need to fix it first, because it still does not work as expected.

thanks @phts for your pull requests, I’m looking forward to review them and merge them this week.

Re the multi-user we will need to sync with the daemon creator, since I don’t think it will work with the commit you made :wink:

1 Like

Yes, currently it does not work as expected, but I am trying to use 2 daemons at the same time which run same go-librespot library - one for local player and authentication , and the second - for connect with zeroconf, as suggested by library’s author .

1 Like

Just wanted to follow up: my 3A+ arrived and worked right away with the SD card that was in the Zero, didn’t even have to redo the setup.

Thanks for the support!

1 Like

I am having this exact issue with a fresh install of Volumio + plugin on a RasPi5.
Sadly this also means you lose sync with the lyrics display in the Spotify apps.
Playback itself is absolutely fine.

//Edit: Resetting the Android app seems to fix it for now.

//Edit 2: Seems to only be a temporary fix.

PS. multi-user "connect " almost ready :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Volumio Information:
Volumio Version: 3.569 - FREE
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3B+
DAC: Generic I2S - ES9038 Q2M
Spotify Plugin: 3.0.9

Hello everyone!
This is my first post on the forum, but I have been using Volumio on RPi for over two years and I read the forum regularly. Currently, I have a problem with the Spotify plug-in, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t depending on the type of account. I have two Spotify accounts, one in the Premium Individual plan and the other new one in the Family Premium plan (I am one of its 6 members}. If I log in to the Spotify module on Volumio using the Individual account, Spotify is activated immediately and works fine with Volumio. When I enter the login details for my second Premium Family account, I am logged in, but the Spotify module does not appear in the Volumio navigation window. Restarting the Volumio system does not help. I have not found the answer anywhere as to what is the reason for this. There was already such a question in May 2022, but it was not answered then will respond, and Admin Balbuz closed the topic. I talked to a Spotify service technician to explain the reason for this, but the Spotify service technician stated that my Premium Family account is working properly and everything is in order. I will add that in the Spotify application for Windows and in the Chrome browser window Spotify works normally, except that I cannot share music on Volumio when I am theoretically logged into Volumio to the Family account. Is there any difference in Volumio’s treatment of Individual Premium and Family Premium members? I haven’t found any information about this anywhere.
Guys, help me, I’m out of ideas.

Could please translate your post title to something more readable? People read english here, they may skip yours, which would be a shame .

Ok. Sorry.

This issue is known and being worked on. Please keep all Spotify plugin issues to the main thread

Hello

I have Myvolumio 3.569 running fine.
I use the latest Spotify pluging 4.0.4

It works fine since December 22. till this morning.
I restart my box and reset all the wifi … no way

I test 2 configurations :

• Spotify plugin browsing disconnect. The app Spotify doesn’t see the Volumio device either on my computer and Android phone.

• Spotify browsing is activate and i am able to scan my playlist from Myvolumio app. I can select one title in the list. The album is shown but the stream doesn’t start. No sound

• I am able to start Radio Paradise or Youtube2 with no problem.

What can i do ? does some one have the same problem ? it seems to be a pb of the connector or may be Spotify connector is down ?

Thanks for your help !

once again, please send logs when you meet an issue. How to investigate without?
see : How to send a log link for a bug report?

Arg… I am sorry to forgot this link, i was not aware. But now i know.

Please find the it

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/7BUXZzy.html

Thanks for your job
Regards
Georges

1 Like

I had a similar problem. Spotify connect wasn’t working, taking forever to connect to Volumio 3. I decided to Factory Reset. Now I am chasing another bug, I need to login to access the plugin store. I’m logged in though and that doesn’t help.
I feel like Spotify connect in Volumio 2 was more stable.

I solve the problem by re installing a fresh Volumio.

Have a nice WE

Hello,

I added a link to the report after trying to log in to the Spotify plug-in for a Premium Family account.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/O631Auv.html

2 Likes

Hi there, even after a new install it seems I’m not able to add songs to the queue, or reorder songs while using Spotify Connect. I suppose it is indeed a plugin issue

Raspberry Pi: Volumio 3.569, Spotify plugin 4.04.
Phone: Samsung s21. Spotify app 8.9.4.304.
Laptop: Spotify for Windows (64 bit), 1.2.26.1187.g36b715a1

Here’s the log report, I have been trying to add and reorder songs on the queue quite a few times.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/kldbw2g.html

From my laptop I do receive some (error?) messages.
When adding the message pops up the song is added. Followed by the message: “Spotify can’t play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.”.
On my laptop the only message after reordering is the: “Spotify can’t play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.”

This cannot be valid, since all songs are played from the Spotify library and will play in a later stage. I have tried a full clean install. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks!

Edit: I’ve noticed something was wrong with the error log… Therefore updated to: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/kldbw2g.html
From 15.21 I have been trying to connect via the Spotify app. This takes several times until at 15.25 I change the song and, this time, connecting works as expected.
Then, from 15.26 onwards I am trying to add a song to the queue 5 times via mobile. From .28 I try to reorder the queue 5 times via the mobile app.
Starting 15.30 I try to add a song to the queue 5 times via the desktop app. Then, form .31 the reordering 5x from desktop.
Last bit. I have tried all currently available versions of the plugin (from 4.01 onwards), all have the exact same behaviour.

Main error message seems to be: level=warning msg=“failed handling dealer request” error=“unsupported player command: set_queue”

Don’t spent more time on it. This plugin doesn’t work.

If this is the way you reply as first topic, leave your comments out.
You ranting “it doesn’t work” ain’t helpful to no-one.

Same here. The only workaround is to start a jam. Absolut show stopper