FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

I moved this thread in this category Plugins to be coherent with other threads.

I thought I got it from that site but not sure why I got an older version.
Updated to 3.449.
All ok now. Thanks

Hi,
When only negative values are found -2dB is set because even in that case clipping may occur due to phase rotation.
But I need to check in your case with the kind of filter you have.
:wink:
Edit : I made some test and I can’t get clipping even at 0dB. Auto preamp in V1.0.48 set -0.05dB with your filter though

3 Likes

Hm ok,

could be that some Radiostations has a higher output?
For the test i heard 80s80s DarkWave (sorry :wink: ) , and 1.FM Blues.

Even with it I can’t get it to clip! Do you use an other filter?

@backenst

please see

and of course online help in FusionDsp : FusionDsp How-to

Thank you for this response, very informative and helpful.

Hello

I discovered that when creating filters using rephase that .txt format is accepted by fusiondsp but there is no change to the sound as evidenced by before and after sweeps with REW. Using 32 bit LPCM .wav format worked correctly. I haven’t tried any of the other options.
Cheers and thank you for your work.

Hello
Can you please share your txt filter in order I test?
Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi!
I tested filters made in Rephase, exported as txt and everything works as expected…
Are you sure you use Paragraphic Gain EQ and not Paragraphic phase EQ ?

1 Like

When I enable the Fusion Dsp plug-in, the sound goes off. That’s why I want to install this Volsimpleequal

peppy (unvalidated plugin) and FusionDSP won’t work together. Either use Peppy or FusionDSP.

Is there a step-by-step guide on how to do DRC with this plugin and REW?

1 Like

I was able to get a room eq from REW (see below), now how do I load this into Volumio and Camilla? Thanks.

Filter Settings file

Room EQ V5.20.13
Dated: Jun 29, 2023 7:36:51 PM

Notes:

Equaliser: Generic
Test Jun 29
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 37.75 Hz Gain -6.20 dB Q 6.184
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 46.45 Hz Gain -8.10 dB Q 4.861
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 51.90 Hz Gain 6.00 dB Q 6.875
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 71.20 Hz Gain -10.70 dB Q 5.532
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 91.00 Hz Gain -6.00 dB Q 2.000
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 187.5 Hz Gain -3.30 dB Q 17.256
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 236.0 Hz Gain -2.80 dB Q 4.997
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 320.0 Hz Gain -8.20 dB Q 4.981
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 416.0 Hz Gain -6.40 dB Q 4.951
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 693.0 Hz Gain 6.00 dB Q 1.000
Filter 11: ON PK Fc 765.0 Hz Gain -6.90 dB Q 1.526

Hello!
Everything is explained in the online help in FusionDsp.! See : FusionDsp How-to
In short, place the text file with your eq in the shared folder named PEQ of FusionDsp.
Go in FusionDsp and set mode in parametric EQ mode.
Scroll down to “import local” section. Select your file, the scope of needed and press “Load file”.
Done!

2 Likes

I created a video of how to do the basic room correction from start to finish, would be great to get some feedback on it before I make it public…

7 Likes

Hello!
Thanks a lot for this video!
Some tips:
FusionDsp can install sweep and pink noise files using ‘tools’ menu section (scroll down).
You can do that for both channels separately.
REW can generate convolution filter too.
REW can export impulse as wav to generate filter in FusionDsp using DRC-FIR in convolution filter menu
Well done!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, maybe Ill do another video in the future with the more advanced features like convolution and FIR.

1 Like

Hey Leo,

Thank you so much for this super comprehensive video.
Thanks also to Balbuze for sure to make it possible at all :slight_smile: .

I am playing around with REW and already have been able to improve the sound linearity a lot - but now i got the important details to get it perfect.

Bought the UMIK1 two years ago - and trying - now i know how to deal with it.

That is hammer +

One of my listening rooms is very difficult and from now on i do have perfect sound even there. (switching between 2 configs - depending on my current listening position.

Thank you so much for explaining in detail - i didn’t study to be an audio engineer, but it’s super important to me.

I do own 2 PecanPi’S v1 and v2 bought in used condition and prefer them a lot.
Beside i do own 2 Allo Kathanas and the well known RME thingy. (all bought in used condition).

I will keep on recommending the Pecan thingies to everybodie’s asking me.

My absolutely very best Regards
Josef

1 Like

Hello,

The problem is that Volumio playback freezes forever until reboot when playing music
Usually a song completes but wont play a new one, whether on the playlist or if I select a song. I so far have not detected a pattern. When the freeze happens, I notice that I can still navigate through Volumio menus, but wont play a song.The problem was most prevalent when running room measurement sweeps with REW. This problem also occurs when Fusiondsp effects are diasabled - e.g. measurement sweeps. I generally get 2-4 sweeps before it freezes. This only started to be noticeable after starting to use Fusiondsp.
My config is RPI4 with latest version of Volumio and Fusiondsp. It streams to a RMe ADI-2 DAC using XLR cables.
Here is what I have done so far:
I noticed that RPI4 temperature was getting into the low 80’sC which could be causing throttling. I installed a new large heatsink with built in fan.
I installed a Python script that runs the fan.
The temperature now is in the 34-45C level, sometimes higher. No effect on symtoms.
I use FIR filters from RePhase. 65,532 taps. Clipping detection on,
Any assistance would be appreciated.

• Tonywsea