Configuration Updated Player Restarted Successfully

I get the following message every few seconds when I open the Volumio app on my Android phone. I’ve reloaded Volumio on the Micro SD card to see if that would resolve the issue, it continues to happen. I’m running the current version of Volumio on Raspberry Pi 4 with Hifi Berry Dac 2 Pro. I’ve looked and I haven’t seen a resolution posted for this issue. Have I overlooked a fix or is this an ongoing issue? Thanks for your help.

Volumio 3 Issues?

Please see : Volumio 3 issues: hints and solutions before posting a new issue.
(You’ll need to cut and paste the link)

Did you flash the image with Balena? If so, flash with win32DiskImager or Raspberry pi Imager and try again.

High time the installation guide was updated. Still says Balena there.

Asked if “Balena” can be replaced by Win32DiskImager :+1:

I flashed with the Raspberry Pi imager, but I still have the issue.

Please remove the HAT (Hifi Berry Dac 2 Pro)
Connect the the rPi to a monitor and see if there are errors during the boot.
And I take an educated guess your running V3.378

1 Like

I have the same pi and Hifiberry as you, and that works fine. If you happen to have a spare sd card and power adapter, I’d try them.

I tried a different Micro SD card and used Win32DiskImager, but I still get the same results. Is it possible to download the previous version of Volumio? I had no issues with that version at all. These issues all started with the current version.

Seems this issues has been fixed in the latest beta release.
Can you give it a try and report back your findings?
https://updates.volumio.org/pi/volumio/3.396/Volumio-3.396-2022-12-04-pi.zip

@SimonE

On your request:

Sinterklaascadeautje!

Updating to the beta release appears to have resolved the issue. I haven’t connected to my NAS yet. Hopefully that won’t be a problem either. Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Enjoy your musical journey…

This is an interesting topic for me as I have been encountering the same exact problem. My Volumio has been up and running for well over a year now. I run a Pi 3b with an Allo boss dac. For the last few weeks I’ve been getting the “Configuration Updated Player Successfully Restarted” message over and over. While this was happening, my Tidal and Qobuz services were not being displayed. I did a factory reset which seemed to fix the problem temporarily, but now I see the error again.

So am I correct in guessing that the latest beta can solve this issue or will there be an official update available soon?

V3.396 is an official release, so no need to go into test mode.

I think you have to check setting which is run before update or you can set it on default mode to next open it admin mode.