[Closed] Volumio 2 Beta versions for Odroid

I’m holding for a moment:

• getting x86 to work leaves me a bit short of time just now
  • RC2 hotfix on PI seems to have some issues which should better be resolved first

So yes, just asking for a bit of patience :slight_smile:

Thank you gkkpch.

I am looking forward to the next version since International languages would be supported.
I have installed RC2 for Odroid C1.
Odroid C1+ with ES9023 I2S DAC is working fine.
However still has problem for 176.4Khz/24 Bits support.
See
forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=21430

Oh, good to know the driver has been fixed. I will switch to the new kernel for the RC2 hotfix, thanks for the hint.

I just got my ODroid XU4 yesterday and started to test a little bit. The image file used was the RC2 dated 2016-06-26.
I used static IP with cable. As output device I used one of my usb ODAC´s Ref. B. I wanted to use my music library (25000 files, only flacs) on a 2.5" hdd connected via usb.
After power on everythink worked fine and I only had to set the output device, than I made a reboot and waited for reading the data.
My first impression is: Good working guys!
BUT: The reading stopped after exactly 2500 titles. I tried with another usb 3.5 HDD but it was the same. Playing of files was OK, but I only checked 16bit/44.1kHz, will check other resolutions later. The output audio level was much too low. I checked the alsamixer and the pcm level was only around 50%. Perhaps it is possible to check that, otherwise the noise level will rise. The problem is, I have to adjust this every time I do a reboot.
If I disconnect my HDD und connect my NAS via Fritz!Box with the same music data, the database is working fine, every title is stored and can be played.
By the way, I have the same behaviour with the Cubietruck regarding the file database via usb. It is stopping and a lot of titles are missing. NAS is OK. And as well I had a much too low output level (only around 10%). The difference is, I can store the level in the alsamixer and don’t have to set it after rebooting.
Is there a possibility to set the output to a specific level on boot or factory setting to 100%?
I am a linux noob and have no idea how to do that.
And why is the database stopping after reading exactly 2500 files only from usb HDD? At first I thought it could be a wrong character in one title, so I deleted one third of the HDD, but the database again stopped at title 2500.
Thanks a lot!

from9to5

Hi,
could you add this as issues on github.com/volumio/Volumio2, using the issue tab?
These are not odroid-specific issues so is best handled by adding them to the list, thus making sure that they are being tracked.
This weekend I will check the alsa volume level, it should be possible to pre-set a value.

Thanks a lot gkkpch,

I will try to add it to the list until the weekend.

from9to5

I just opened up two issues on github. One concerning the database whichs stops reading after 2500 titles and one about a parameter for output volume level of DACs.

from9to5

Sorry guys, didn’t get the new image but the C1 kernel has been done.
I can’t build a version just now, the devs are working on it it. This would make it a “nightly” with possibly new issues instead of a stable RC.
Please hold on for a couple of days…

Thanks for the information. It´s good to hear that youre working out the bugs not only for the rasberrys.

from9to5

I downloaded Volumio2-0976-2016-07-28 yesterday and everything was going fine in the beginning, but I cannot access to volumio.local anymore Today. BTW, I had no problem when using 1.55 with my C1. Any suggestion?

can you try <the.ip.of.yourc1>

Hi gkkpch,
in the official new download page there is no link for Odroid C2, only C1. Michelangelo said it will be ready soon,
are you able to give me some indication/expectation for the time to wait?
Not pushing or pressing, only excited to test my brand new C2 !

Thanks for great work,
Michele

I did try IP address. In fact, I cannot get volumio IP when using IP scanner. I have re-flashed the newest image three times, and I could access to volumio.local at the beginning, but lost it again after reboot or power on again.

Michele, go to http://oph.mdrjr.net/gkkpch/, you will find all the current images there until we have all images on the download server.
They were generated today and should functionally be equal to the C1 version on the download page.

Many many thanks gkkpch,
Keep up the great work! :smiley:

@gkkpch,
I re-flashed your newest RC2Fix-2016-07-31 edition and I found my issue is gone. I deeply appreciate your hard work for all of us. Many thanks.

Thanks gkkpch,
but with newest RC2Fix-2016-07-31 still no web access. I want to try my C2 with another router, or only with fixed IP directly to my PC.
I am on C1+ and last build now. There is no problem.

Please open an issue on http://github.com/volumio/Volumio2 to make sure this is being tracked and seen to.
There were driver problems and certain routers for the Odroid C1, these issues were resolved by HK. I’m not aware anything like that was reported for the C2.

Thank you gkkpch.

I installed VolumioRC2Fix-2016-7-31-odroidc1.
My Odroid C1+ with ES9023 I2S DAC is working fine.
176.4Khz/24Bit flac file problem is fixed.

Hi -

I’ve tried RC2 and the fix. Has anyone else tried using the C2/Volumio2 as a renderer for Jriver?

If a song is playing, when i move to another song the player is very responsive in stopping the current song but getting to the next takes roughly 10 seconds. Any thoughts? My other renderers are very responsive with jriver.

Thoughts?