BeagleBone+Botic (Miero) Update new VOLUMIO

Hi, no and yes, but there is no clear answer to your question. Please also read the announcement info in the Community Portings section.

Simple answer to your “one-off” question: yes, but…you can ask us anytime to do a Volumio build when the build scripts are hosted with us. This will happen within hours or max a day or two. Difference with Volumio supported images is that though we keep these images on the Volumio server for others to download, we expect the community to test and publish them (of course, we are always open for help).

As to your second question: yes, if someone does his own fork from the Volumio Build repo, a build will be without myVolumio. The script modifications I did will not have any effect when running locally. Reasons as explained earlier, myVolumio will only build centrally.

Btw. I already modified the scripts, just need to build, hopefully soon.

What a pity that many users are waiting for new VOLUMIO image for Beaglebone Black :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: …!

What a pity some users don’t have any patience…
Remarks like yours don’t exactly encourage me to invest more of my free time in a volunteer’s job!

It’s not about individual user :smiley: . Meny users are waiting for Volumio upgade!
[size=85]P.S Unfortunately for some developers money is more important than user support![/size]

listen buddy, i do not get one single cent for my contribution, all my work here is done as a volunteer.
Please be very careful with your next comment, insults like these may get you banned!

Don’t bother those people. If somebody can’t appreciate the hard work behind your contribution and just do crybabies since they don’t get what they want, they don’t deserve even to be considered.

@Barrymore, feel free to build your favourite image yourself. There are plenty of documentation on how to do it. Your time will be better spent that coming here to cry.

Thanks

See:
github.com/volumio/Build

PS: BBB is not on our update list anymore for many reasons, among which:

• From our download statistics only couple of dozens people were using it
  • It’s really really old and superseeded hardware
  • We can’t focus our attention to marginal platforms like this one. This is why we have community portings done on a voluntary basis.

And for those who do appreciate volunteers work: my promise to build one is here:
volumio-2.674-2019-12-04

It is up to the community to test/verify this as I do not have a bbb.
I will build a new one when requested, no need this time to mention it might take a few days :wink:

Gė - thanks for volunteering your time and doing this build for us. Hopefully it gets good use. I will post to diyaudio.com because I know there will be some interest from some of the guys there still using BBB.

Note I have changed the download link in my previous note, due to myVolumio missing in version 2.673 (duh).
Version 2.674 should solve that, could someone please verify this before publishing the download links in other forums.

(We do the builds as a service only. Tests need to be done by the maintainers!)

Thank you for your contribution, but unfortunately first boot Volumio’s version 2.674 failed (can’t start up)!

Strange, my previous build booted without problems.
Since then OS, boot process and volumio did not change except for the addition of myVolumio.
I need a boot log from the serial console to help locating the issue, without it I’m more or less stuck.
A complete “no boot” is more or less impossible, can a second user, or the maintainer please confirm the issue?

Unfortunately I havent neither adafruit 4 pin nor standard FTDI cables to start serial console!

@barrymore, there seems to be an error in the script after all, which would result in a broken myVolumio version as it relies on settings which aren’t there. For a local build, this would not have caused issues, except an error message in the build which may have gone unnoticed.

This is a corrected version (in as far that it does not report any errors anymore), could you please verify:
volumio-2.676-2019-12-06-bbb

Should this not work, then we really need the maintainer to help…

Thank you for сurrent removal script’s bug!

good to know, now we can repeat myVolumio builds at regular times (on request, not automatically)

I am sorry, but new-assembled Volumio’s img version 2.674 sadly failed to start today! Michelangelo plese help as maintainer :unamused: !

you should not be using 2.674 but 2.676 from my last post, which you confirmed working before, o idea what your problem is now.
I need logs to help, without it there is not chance to find the reason for your suddenly non-booting image.

Michelangelo is not the maintainer.
Volumio for BBB is not an official supported version and there will not be support for it from the Volumio team.
See the first sticky post in the Community Portings section.

For Volumio for BBB a maintainer form the community would need to stand up and help, I do not know who that is.
The original developer is long gone as it seems…
I will continue to support as far as I can, but without log data form your boot I’m totally lost, sorry.

I wrote another image by mistake. After that I have written your 2.676 img and Volumio doesn’t start again like 2.674 img.
You well-informed, that I haven’t neither adafruit 4 pin nor standard FTDI cables to start serial console.
What a pity that you hasn’t got this build properly done.
Please get maintainers help!

p.s. no help and no support from Volumio team discourage from using Volumio many users.

I’m having the same issue with 2.676. However, I have been able to capture boot up sequence using FTDI adapter.

gofile.me/2kb4a/RIl7Tum1M

It looks like two services aren’t starting up. The first I’ve seen before on other builds. dhcpcd.service. The second is cd.service.

I can help troubleshoot with proper guidance.

Thx,
Mullet

Hi Mullet !
Thank you for your contribution to solve this problem.
Your proper guidance should help fix Volumio booting bug!