Amazon Music HD Plugin

Are there any news about the possibility to listen to Amazon Music Unlimited with Volumio?

1 Like

I also check this thread regularly for any updates, as I’m keen to see this happen too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Assuming this requests is dead in the water? It is a shame as I only have amazon music now as Spotify finally worked my last nerve by äccidentally deleting my music of the last 4 years from my profile then telling me to “Just add it again”. Spotify can die in a fire. THey don’t offer lossless anyhow.

If possible to try and get Amazon onboard with Volumio again, it would be a fantastic addition of another Full HD music library to stream.

1 Like

We are still in the second half of 2023.

This is a fantastic bit of news, I must have missed that post. Thank you so much for replying!

Also, are you by chance the legend known as Wolfman from the HiFi forums? :slight_smile:

Either way, :wave: and thanks!

1 Like

Not that I know :grinning:

Fair enough :smiley:

This integration would be really interesting (if it ever happens) if it also includes the possibility of Atmos playback (which is currently only available on some smartphones and some PCs). Even if you don’t have a multichannel setup, I’ve noticed that Atmos albums have a significantly more dynamic master, and this can be a fantastic listening alternative in cases of albums with heavily compressed masters.

2 Likes

Fabulous !! Whilst it would be nice to have Amazon HD Music integration with the free version of Volumio I will certainly join the Premium version if this is where I must be to enjoy Amazon HD Music on Volumio. Maybe in time for Christmas ??

It is November 2023. Has somebody any news about the integration of Amazon Music on Volumio?

But it is still the 2nd half of 2023 :slight_smile:

Does anyone on the Volumio staff have any news on compatibility with Amazon Music HD?

Nothing?

Without trying to out pressure on the dev teams it would be great to know if this is going to happen anytime soon.

It’s been almost a year since there was any
‘official’ update on what would be a flagship feature for many, so I’m not massively hopeful. If it’s been canned, or deprioritised, please just let us know so we can move on.

I would definitely be nice to know either way. For me it would be a massive plus. For now, I am using MoOde for my music mostly since it has the same features minus playing of CD and the interface is MUCH faster and less laggy across 4 different installations.
If Volumio had Amazon Music HD I would swap every device I have over even if it is slow to navigate and use.
Bear in mind also I paid for the premium, so I DO like VOlumio but I am going to use what works best, and currently the free to use MoOde is better in the ways that matter to me. I am in no way disparaging VOlumio at all. I think it is a fantastic bit of software/

3 Likes

Bump for the new year and hopefully some response. :slight_smile:

Any updates from @volumio team on such feature? It’s been more than a year since shared that something is moving…

3 Likes

I am just in the process of setting up Volumio and comparing it to other solutions, and Amazon Music support is a key feature for my use cases … any update highly appreciated!

It is possible to use a mobile phone or tablet with bluetooth to play through volumio, but it does tend to be a bit crackly for me. I too would be very keen to see a native Amazon Music client add-on and an update would be very welcome

I ask the Volumio team if there is any news on the integration with Amazon music HD