For Sale: Dell Wyse 3040 x86 Thin Clients with pre-installed Volumio for 50€!

Same for me if still available!

Big thanks for sharing @gkkpch !

New stock available!
See the opening post in this thread.

1 Like

Tried to PM you but you do not accept messages?.

i’ll fix that. Meanwhile i’ll PM you

1 Like

PM issues fixed

6 from 10 left

Black Friday discount offer
There are 5 units left with 10% off the normal unit price of 50€.
So 45€, only valid from Thu 24.11.22 22:00 CET till Friday 25.11.22 24:00 CET

Dell Wyse 3040 thin clients are an excellent alternative for an RPI or Tinkerboard while the market is still dried out.
People know I’m not doing this for big profit, it is to make people aware that you can have Volumio working on perfectly suitable, budget devices like 2nd hand Thin Clients (Dell/HP). And whenever possible, fanless.

2 Likes

I just setup my Dell Wyse 3040 that I purchased from ebay with a PSU for £40 it’s bloody great! It looks brand new, comes in a nice case that fits in you hand and it has great specs for Volumio! Lovely stuff. Recommended :+1:

It works like a charm, I highly recommend it!

3 Likes

New batch of 10 pieces arrived!
For details and conditions see here

I would be interested in 1 or 2 units, but have a question: what can we expect regarding support and new versions compatibility?

TIA

Please elaborate on your support question?
If you refer to the Volumio software support, you receive full support.
Since the main hardware for Volumio is the rPi, it’s safe to say that new images will work fine on the Dell Wyse 3040.

Ok, that’s what I wanted to understand. Many thanks. I’ll be sending a PM as soon as my friend decides if he also wants one.

1 Like

PM sent. :grinning:

As @Wheaten correctly stated, the Dell Wyse 3040 has been flashed with a regular x86 image, for which full support exists.
There are no Dell-specific modifications, the hardware is a standard Intel Atom Z8350 based device, well designed and assembled, everything works out-of-box.
No issues to be expected with future versions and as I happen to maintain the x86 kernel and basic image build (the rest is standard Volumio), you can be assured you won’t have any.

1 Like

As the Wyse 3040 (in the configuration known to me) does not have built-in wifi, could users perhaps report back, which wifi dongle has been used (if any)?
Thanks,

Both working:

Can I send you an x86 testimage (locally built, no myVolumio) to verify whether the wireless dongles still work with kernel 6.1.1?

@others: anyone else willing to test wireless with an x86 alpha version, based on kernel 6.1.1?
It supports a number of newer broadcom and realtek wireless chip revisions, which failed with our previous 5.10 kernel (meaning chip was basically supported, but the newer hw revisions were not).

Please PM email addresses when interested.

1 Like

Sure, Does it already contain myvolumio?

No, it is a locally built image, meant for platform tests.
As soon as I have enough positive feedback, I will build a beta version with all whistles and bells.