YouTube Music Plugin

1 Like

Did you install from the volumio-2.x branch (follow the link given by @dvo)?

1 Like

now working! super thanks

Hi There
Sorry if that is a stupid question, but how do I enter my youtube credentials. I have a youtube premium account and don’t get how I make this plugin understand that. The clientID and Client secret seems to be an API thing and requires a google developer account? I don’t get this at all.
Installation worked like a charm though! And the plugin looks great!

sorry to say this plugin is not for youtube premium
you could add a google dev. account or search the youtube free version.
and yess @patrickkfkan did a nice job creating this plugin.

Hello,
I installed volumio on raspberry pi 2 with a tplink wifi.
I would like to stream YouTube music from my Android to volumio.
It s working with youtube video, is it possible with youtube music ?

Thanks

there is a other plugin youtube cast reciever but it doesn’t support youtube music (paid version).

best regards,
dvo

Just connected the youtube music plugin and authorised with google account - ’ Success! Device connected’

Is it true that youtube premium isn’t supported, or should I be using the youtube-2 plugin? Perhaps the country is incorrect?

EDIT: Youtube-2 seems to work - does this also need to be linked to a google account or can uninstall the other plugin?

Thanks,
Ps. Soundcloud plugin is handy and working, great for The Anjunadeep Edition

Hey patrick could you anwser @G-rig i know that you added
Some new stuff to the plugin.

Best regards,
Dvo

With ytmusic plugin, do you get 256kbps streams when playing a song? If so, then you are playing from your premium account. AFAIK, YouTube Premium includes YouTube Music Premium (but not vice versa).

To link the youtube2 plugin to your account, you need to setup Google API credentials from the Google Developer Console, but youtube2 is lacking in many library features due to Google API limitations, e.g. you can only access self-created playlists, not those of others which you’ve added to your library. I am thinking of rewriting the plugin to get rid of the Google API requirement and provide a more complete set of library features. But this will require rather extensive preliminary testing which I do not currently have the time for.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn’t able to get the YouTube music plugin working at all (I have premium). The YouTube 2 plugin seems to play at 160kbps which is ok. From memory, most content on SoundCloud is rubbish quality away (like 128kbps) when playing from their website etc.

Will have to try it again, just thought that the main Yt music plugin doesn’t support yt premium.

Thanks

So you can’t browse or play anything with the YouTube Music plugin, but you can do so when signed out? Any logs?

Hi Patrick,

EDIT: Just tested again - can log in and see the content and channels etc, once i try to play one nothing happens.

I do have two accounts/channels linked to the youtube service but have changed to the primary one for sign-in purposes (don’t think it affects it really, just listening history perhaps).

Just doing a restart to see.

Thanks!

just confirming it plays at 160kbps when signed out - but doesn’t play when signed in
(Youtube premium).

Thanks,

Can you provide logs when trying to play an item? Without logs I cannot tell what’s happening.

Hi, looking for the volumio log file location, thought it would be somewhere under \volumio.local?
Thanks,

Http://< Volumio’s ip >/dev or http://volumio.local/dev

Thanks, this should be the logfile report:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/qxVR4Sg.html

I think Google has made some changes to YouTube Music that are not yet in effect in my area. This would explain why you’re having this issue but not me. Anyway, I’ll try to update the plugin this weekend but you would have to test it as I won’t be able to.

Thanks Patrick, no rush but I’m happy to test it out.

Cheers!