WiFi or not WiFi- thats the question

No intention to start a war, so just sharing own experience.
Many of us disable WiFi and we believe that cable LAN connections give better sound. BUT! the wifi module is still there. Curiosity killed the cat, this time the wifi module on a 4G Pi. I removed the wifi components on the Pi, and in my opinion this affected sound positively.
Of course all other things are being taken care off, linear PSUs with seperated transformer windings for all components, digital isolators before the dac etc etc.
Anyone can share similar experience?
A nice Friday afternoon to all.
/P

1 Like

Sorry to say but if you noticed any improvement in the sound after removing the wifi module it’s pure placebo. If the RPi is in good condition, the wifi module should not affect the sound in any way - at all.
I have even tested/compared a linear PSU with the RPi charger and I did not perceive any change in the sound, at all. And I have some reference equipment, I believe I would have noticed anything but no.
Not exactly about wifi modules or RPis but if you visit Audiosciencereview you will see that 99,99% of those signal “cleaning” devices are pure fallacy. They have measured many devices like that with professional equipment and there was no evidence that those did anything at all.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. Well placebo or not I did a few PI swaps - and still. But hey, you are probably right. Alot of things i try end up in the voodoo world:)

2 Likes