Wifi dongle / Volumio 3 and update 3.198, REALTEK 8811CU

Did it “just work” out of the box? I may send the Ac600 TPLink T2u Back and exchange for this one - please let me know, thanks

yes it did.
In previous version, the driver did not load. As you can see in my screenshot you’ll see the “rtw_8822bu” driver loaded.

Thanks, ill send the T2U back and swap for the T3U. Interesting the 8822 driver works, but the older 8812 one does not.

Is this the correct dongle?

all, i can confirm that the new TP-Link AC1300 (T3U Plus) works out of the box !

image

This is the link for Amazon UK buyers:
TP-Link AC1300 High Gain USB 3.0 Wi-Fi Dongle, Dual Band MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Adapter with 5dBi Antenna for PC/Desktop/Laptop, Supports Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 (Archer T3U Plus) : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Thankyou @Wheaten

1 Like

I am currently using this dongle and it works great!

It loads the mt7921u driver on 3.742.
Question, when I update to 3.779, will my dongle still work?
txs

OK. I did a fresh install of 3.779 and it works. You need to bring the system up on the wired wifi, then add the dongle. Then you will see 2 instanced of a wireless connection. Then do a dtoverlay = disable-bt and dtoverlay = disable-wifi and all is good. I guess with the latest release and the mini dongle, no mods to userconfig.txt are necessary. This is wrong, I was not testing on 3.779, but an earlier version. No longer works since 3.779

Actually 3.779 broke the operation of my EDUP AX3000Mbps WiFi Adapter.
It was working fine on 3.742, but can’t get it working anymore on the latest 3.779
Will this functionality be restored?
Are there any other wifi dongles that work out of the box other than the Archer T3U ?
txs