Volumio Tidal integration is terrible

Is this finished? Spotify integration via plug in is awesome, tidal is really poor. Play button doesn’t work, very awkward to switch between streaming service and different volumios.

Frustrated!

1 Like

Yes it is finished, but we are seeing that some people like you are having a very sub-optimal experience.
We are hunting this bug since 1 month and now we might have an explanation: it is something triggered by http2 calls with some ISP which use NAT or some proxying.
We are verifying this assumption with tentative fixes and hope to come out with a solution soon.
So, sorry that you are having this experience but we are working hard to fix it

1 Like

Good to know you’re on the case. By the looks of things you’ve been offering tidal connect for a while though. How will I know when you’ve fixed it? Happy to pay subscription when it works. Just not right now.

This problem has arisen after the release of Volumio 3. Previously it was just working fine.
You will know when its fixed from the changelog when you update, or here:

Thanks. Checked for updates today and there was one! Got excited, but then realised I had to pay to test my Tidal system. I bit the bullet but it seems it’s the same old problems. The volumio app freezes when I press play, only a few albums appear (i have more in my Tidal app but they don’t appear. Trying a factory reset now.

Also I have two volumio devices. Tidal only seems to be able to see one at a time. I have to power one down to switch between the two. Not ideal! Am I doing something wrong?

I’ll keep trying, but not happy to have updated and paid and for it to not be fixed.

1 Like