Volumio server is craching and I must reboot it

As I cannot ssh anymore now to the PI volumio, box I will reboot it and will try to share the previous log. Is the old log still available ?

I dont see any message from mpd that decoder is too slow
here is the output of the command

cat /home/volumio/mpd_radio_fix.sh
#!/bin/bash

while :
do
  OUT=$(tail -n 1 /var/log/mpd.log)

if [[ $OUT == *"Decoder is too slow"* ]]; then

/usr/bin/mpc stop
fi

sleep 1
done

Audio stopped suddenly. Here is a new log: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/JVj5iMV.html

Why do you have this?
You do realise it’s just stopping mpd?
I would just move to Volumio 3.x release.

Why do you have this?

Why do you mean here by this ?

You do realise it’s just stopping mpd?

This is perhaps due to another issue which finally stops volumio.
The mpd process is still running

root 618 1 0 08:42 ? 00:00:18 /bin/bash /home/volumio/mpd_radio_fix.sh
mpd 674 1 1 08:42 ? 00:01:47 /usr/bin/mpd --no-daemon
[/quote]

Please can you be careful with quotes … your last post doesn’t make sense.

You might not think that “mpd_radio_fix.sh” isn’t causing your problems, but surely it would be sensible to remove or disable the script to test. You have introduced a non-standard script into Volumio, which makes debugging problematical. Try:

sudo systemctl stop mpd_radio_fix
sudo systemctl disable mpd_radio_fix

to stop it temporarily, and see if has any effect.

Do you see your problem with more than one source? Here mpd complains a lot about streamingp.shoutcast.com.

I disabled the service you mentioned. Will check if volumio is working now :wink:

FYI: For the moment I only use volumio with streaming radios as source

Question: As the pi + volumio is connected to the net, which such mpd - streamingp.shoutcast.com occur ?

Streaming of a web radio stopped again

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/rjvlQNj.html

Are you sure you are running a stock Volumio image?
Perhaps, list out all the mods you have carried out aswell so we can trouble shoot better :wink:
Or better yet, use a fresh install and confirm if your issues come from the installed mods?

OK, so we are seeing the “Nov 22 07:06 : player: Decoder is too slow; playing silence to avoid xrun” errors, which is why you were running the mpd_radio_fix.service presumably … but this doesn’t sort the problem. I don’t know the cause of this error … hopefully some one else will chip in here.

You’re still using the same source though. Can you try another radio stream (from a different provider) please?

Edit: As @asthespy says, a fresh install with no modifications would be useful.

Edit 2: I’ve read the whole of the original thread that sparked your “fix” now, and it is obviously a strange one that is difficult to reproduce on every system. Also, the number of people affected seems relatively small … I wasn’t aware of it as a problem at all from forum posts. One suggestion, which no one seemed to try, was to use a later version of MPD … have a go with Volumio3, and see how you get on with that (with your source for which you are seeing the problem).

I have installed on Pi an official volumio image 1 year and did regularly volumio upgrades. I recently upgraded using the Volumio UI the version to 2.917

The only thing I did is to configure the list of the web radio using from my macbook such a sshpass command

sshpass -p "xxxx" scp radio-playlist/my-web-radio volumio@192.168.1.100:/data/favourites/
sshpass -p "xxxx" scp radio-playlist/radio-favourites volumio@192.168.1.100:/data/favourites/
1 Like

Are you sure? You seem to have a lot of funky stuff going on under your mounts - perhaps you tried installing docker or something?

I mounted some Samba share systems but I disabled them from the volumio UI

i would just start with clean install of volumio to make sure the one not causing it is the collection of changes you made from the clean install. if it still causing trouble, it must be the hardware. the sd card can also be problematic so maybe try another one. start from the very basic of troubleshooting. isolate the problem. premise 1: maybe changes from base install caused this, solution: start from clean slate. premise 2: sd card issue, solution: try another card. premise 3: network issues, solution: try wired network, etc etc etc. it is trivial to start from clean slate if it solves the problem, add changes little by little to get back to your current setup. everytime you make changes, check if the problem occurs so that you know which step of changes caused it. do a systematic way instead of random guesses.

Will try what you suggest. FYI: The Pi is connected to the network using a physical cable and not using Wifi

if your clean install works, you have at least something to continue. if the clean install does not work, this is more a serious problem. possibly try another media streamer which uses different kernel etc. if that works, it can be a kernel issue with the base image. important to try first with base images and see if even the base image breaks.

Does volumio supports another media streamer ? If yes, how can we switch to use another one ?

1 Like

the default is using mpd. you can install the squeeze plugin and lms server and use iPeng client in iphone or any lms/squeeze clients to connect to the streamer.