VOLUMIO RC2

No luck with my RPI3 - i2s - Soekris DAM1021 Dac either. Had to go back to runeaudio.

Can you be a bit more specific? If you tell us what the issue is then we can probably fix it.

This is pre-release software, you have to give us chance to fix things and allow for a few bugs.

Wow it’s beautiful :smiley:

Working on my Rpi1 with cheap-ass PCM2074 DAC!
No config needed for USB DAC using audio jack output.
Autodetected my Openelec and Synology NAS. Was able to easily configure the synology NAS via NFS and it’s scanning now.

All good so far. Going to add some favourite radio stations now…

on windows 7, when I browse to network -> Volumio It asks me to enter in (domain)username/password

trying various combinations of volumio/volumio does not work, any suggestions?

/etc/samba/smb.conf does not have any of the shares that RC1 (or v1.55) did

I am interested in using the microSD with volumio image as storage for music and i typically copy over from windows PC by clicking on volumio under network from windows explorer and pasting the music files to /var/lib/mpd/music/

That was just added yesterday. It’s coming as an update

Hello,

i can’t get the RC2 to work with my configuration: Pi 1 with Hifiberry DAC + . I can’t choose “Hifiberry Dac+” in the I2S Menu, only “Hifiberry Dac”. The output resets itself to “audio jacks”, the “mixer control” field is empty and I have no sound. The files won’t play, they stuck at 0:01 sec and the system seems laggy.
Is volumio 2 compatible with my hardware?

Thanks

Yes it certainly is!

The issues you have described with the i2s menu and the mixer controls we are aware of and an update will be issued soon to fix them.

I’m not sure what is happening with the playback though. What type of file are you trying to play?

Put this on my Pi2 with a hifiberry DAC last night.

Looking very nice.

I had a issue with the spotify plugin - appears to activate correctly, but my playlists are not listed - so all blank. Thoughts ?

Thanks, and great work !

Do you have a premium account?

Thank you very much for the quick reply! I’ll just wait for the bugfix then.
The mentioned behavior occurs with every file i tried, i.e. mp3, flac and internetradio. I assumed this is because I could not select the right I2S-Driver for my hardware, so the device could not playback. I’ll try around later with different drivers.

Hello,

Testing RC2 on my PI2 + DurioSound Pro (with HifiberryDac driver), everything working as expected, very good work
Using Ethernet cable, read all my files from my Synology (CIFS), could install kodi and dsp over Volumio, as my previous setup, again, everything working well!

I’ve spotted a little bug on the song info (Display page) when you manipulate the queue (try to drag and drop a song to move it up in the queue), it display the song you clic on, while still playing the current one.

One question : on 1.55, you could force update mpd database per folder, i don’t see this option anymore. So i’ve to update the entire database each time i want to force a refresh. Have i missed something or it’s planned to be implemented later ?

Great Work, thanks to all

First off I want to say that RC2 has worked flawlessly with my RPi2 and it looks gosh darn gorgeous.
Now for my question:

When the plugins are fully documented ( are they already? ) where would I find that documentation? On the github wiki?

Next week I’ll start writing docs and tutorials on how to write plugins… Yes on the github wiki…

Excellent, can’t wait!

Hello everybody,

I have installed Spotify Connect chroot and I am unable to force USB DAC playback. On Volumio 1.55, changing ALSA.conf indexes fixed problem instantly, here it does not work. Could some advise? Thank you.

How did you activate Spotify Connect in RC2 can’t find any settings for connect

This is not a part of volumio itslef. I followed this link:

github.com/Fornoth/spotify-connect-web

and this one

spotify-connect-t2811-10.html

Concerning Volume 2, you would be a lot better off adding an issue to the issue tab in github.com/volumio/Volumio2
That will ensure that your issue is being logged and tracked.

Concerning Volume 2, you would be a lot better off adding an issue to the issue tab in github.com/volumio/Volumio2
That will ensure that your issue is being logged and tracked.

Spotify playlists working for me and my NAS library.
Can’t seem to get any webradio to play though. I’ve tried a variety of m3u, pls and from the shoutcast top 500 list…