Volumio not saving wifi settings Raspberry pi 2B

Hi,

I’ve been using Volumio for quite some time now. Until recently everything seemed to work just fine. However, last week I couldn’t make a connection through volumio.local. I figured this had something to do with the WLAN not being recognized, which happened before. But no matter what I tried, the WLAN settings weren’t saved as, after reboot, the hotspot was enabled again. I tried disabling the hotspot but the wifi just didn’t connect.

After this I decided that a clean install would be best and installed the latest version (Volumio-3.616-2024-02-13-pi). The setup went ok, until I entered my WLAN password and settings. After reboot the same happened: the hotspot was enabled, the wifi settings didn’t seem to have saved. No matter how many times I enter my password, it just won’t save.

I’ve got Volumio installed on my Raspberry Pi 2B with the Raspberry Pi wifi dongle. I can see my network just fine, the hotspot works, it’s just that Volumio won’t connect to my network.

Other than a clean install I haven’t changed anything in years. No network settings have been changed.

when you configure wireless, you need to wait until wireless has been restarted AND the network screen is refreshed showing you the ip addresses for (LAN and) wireless.

Yeah, I know. It’s just that it doesn’t refresh with the wireless settings. It gives the warning that the adapter has been restarted but it just doesn’t save the wireless settings. It will automatically restart the hotspot if enabled or, with the hotspot disabled, isn’t reachable at all.

this usually happens when the WiFI password is not correct, or then there are hardware problems with the dongle

The password is correct, that I know without a doubt. Is there a way to check the dongle’s functionality? Is there a way to get a logfile and check what’s going on?

don’t you have another dongle to try?

No, unfortunately not. This one never gave me any issues.

After a couple of days of not looking at my Raspberry Pi and Volumio I decided to change the USB port. And it seems to be working again. So my USB port has decided to not function properly anymore. I worked for the hotspot functionality, but not for wifi connectivity.