Volumio iOS App

Nice job, i look forward using it but i can’t, because it’s iOS 10 and above!
Can You make it iOS 8 compatible?
Thanks

Hi Roberto,
unfortunately it’s not so easy. Most of the components we use are not available under iOS8…so the app couldn’t exist on that system :wink:

Hi!
First of all: thanks a lot for this great app! MPoD hasn’t been updated for quite some time now and it was about time for a good alternative!
I don’t know if this has been asked before, but I miss this alphabetical shortcut bar on the right side in the browser view. I usually select my music through Artist-> Album and I have to browse through about 500 Artists to get to the last ones.
I’d really apprechiate a solution for this, if you’ve got the time…
Thanks,
David

Thank you for this beautiful app. I only have two things: one request and one bug.

I havn’t scrolled trough the 15 pages of posts, so I’m sorry if somebody allready mentioned it, but it wasn’t in the known bugs or requests list:
1st the request: would it be possible to add a night mode?
2nd the bug:
I have a lot of music on my HDD. Whenever I go to my music library trough your app, it crashes as soon as I open the folder with all my albums in it. I hope you can help me with it.

Sincerely, Bennie

+1 for support pre iOS 10 (I’m using 9 myself)

Hi!

What’s the right port for the app? Must I change any settings? I tried a lot but it doesn’t work. Volumio 1.55!

Cheers,
Thomas

Only works for Volumio 2

Hi!

First of all thanks for your work. The app is pretty good.

Is it possible to add the artist name to the Albums folder? It is hard to browse if you have some albums with the same name like Greatest Hits or Best of.

It is also useful if we can Update the Music library from the App.

Thanks,
Warter

Awesome work. Exactly what I’m looking for.

Any thoughts on an Apple TV client?

Any news on Apple Watch compatibility? Just bought one and I’m looking for an app to control Volumio with the Watch :stuck_out_tongue:

Great app, the following features would be great:

• option to display full album art (instead of the mostly round/faded version, imho the album art is also important)
  • a way to show album art in the album list views, when selecting an artist) or even better to also show the first album art in the artist view (probably not possible since Volumio does not show this either)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the app! Is there any news on the issue with selecting multiple volumio players from the app? I go to change player in the settings menu but can only see 1 player. Using a second ios device I can see the other player but again cannot change from the player that is selected in the app.

What do you think about Spofify and Pandora?
Which app is better - Volumio, or that?
Take a look also at this research Spotify vs Pandora

They are different and unrelated things.

Pandora and Spotify are subscription services that give you access to big collections of music online.

Volumio is a network controlled player, something more akin to a SONOS device, giving you an easy way to access content from your own local sources as well as online ones. The iOS app enables the control of those devices remotely within your home network it doesn’t enable playback of those sources on your iOS device anywhere you may be similar to the SONOS app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey there ! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the great app ! Nice work on this.

I have one little question regarding the compatibulity with IOS version.
I found that it requires at leat IOS10 to be installed whitch is a pitty as my Ipad 2 can’t upgrade to this IOS and is stuck on 9.3.5.

Do the app really need IOS10 to work ? Is it possible to add compatibility to older IOS ?

Indeed nowadays you can find super cheap ipad 2 on ebay that would work great as deported screen and user interface for a volumio player (at these prices, the ipad 2 is cheaper than the PI display…).
Other advantage over the PI display is that you could also stream your music from apple music, spotify, deezer, or youtube with AIRPLAY.

Ipad 2 as gotten really slow for everyday uses but recycling them as a kinda dedicated volumio remote is in my opinion a good way to recycle them and as I said, they are cheaper than the pi display :slight_smile:

Thank you for reading :slight_smile:

When listening to web radio streams the play/pause toggle should in fact be play/stop as you can’t pause a web radio stream and volumio won’t be able to resume playing. (at least for my instance)

Dunno if the app can be made compatible with older iOS versions but probably for simplicity of code the developer made it this way.

An easy workaround can be to bookmark the address or addresses of your volumio instsnce(s) on you home screen for quick and easy access.

great app - thanks.

is there a way to select which volumio device I’m talking to.
I have 6 raspberry PI running in the same network - and can see all of them in the AIRPLAY and WEB bases Multiroom - but I cannot select to which I talk from the app - OI see only one line.

Thanks,

Mich’l

I am having the same issue.

Hello, please, is in Volumio app(I have on my Iphone 5S - IOS10.3.3) possibility “adjust the volume without unlock the phone and search for the app”?