Volumio iOS App

Hi flahutbux,
i’m uploading the fix for the foreground/background issue right now. I’ll check why it asks for the player every time.

Thanks for this, I was hoping there was a good native iOS app to control Volumio! As great as the web interface is, a native app is almost always preferable.

Hi monkeyproof

you ve been quick to fix it!

It behaves better with the latest build.

• App doesn t ask for the player at launch any longer.
  • foreground/background issue fixed.
  • possibility to change player remains in the setting tab.

Good for me.
I leave it to others to confirm if it actually works with more than one player (don t see why it would t work).

Cheers

Hey, the app looks great! I only have one issue, due to my network I can only access volumio via specifying my specific IP address. A manual IP address input to select a player would be greatly appreciated.

Tried to install the App but unfortunately it needs iOS 10 or higher, I can only thank Apple for making my very expensive iPad obsolete :frowning:

I changed player name as “Volumio” but still cannot find my player
I need some helps
I am using volumio 1.55 on Raspberry pi 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just released through TestFlight a new rev.
You should be able to insert your Volumio’s IP and port :wink:

I updated to volumio2 and could see player
thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok call me stupid…what port number is it? And why can’t it detect all the volumio responders out there? I have 2 or sometimes 3 on the network

Congrats for this awesome work. It is so nice to use this on the iPhone than the web page. Keep up the great work.
I am very happy with this development great work! It is a sign of success in your corporate world.

Hi Monkeyproof

Finally tested it and confirm it works.
Would it be possible to add side scrolling to the next test flight release?
This feature is really helpful fro browsing through large libraries.

Thanx for your work!
Cheers

Let me check, but it could be possible :wink:

Really nice app, thank you for your work :smiley:

Are there any plans for building the app for the iPad too?

Hi Monkeyproof,

Thumbs up for your great app !

Just wanted to mention a bug that makes it crash.
I’ve added a web radio to a new playlist : when I try to open this playlist, the app crashes.
Actually, when I verified the playlist with the WebUI, it contains an empty line…

It seems that creating a playlist with a web radio isn’t possible yet with Volumio : too bad for those who want to wake up with a radio :laughing:

Anyway, congrats for your work.
BR

Hi Monkeyproof,

nice App! Thanks a lot for it. It’s much faster, than using the webclient on my iPhone and that’s really cool.
Just a little issue: I have two volumio instances running in my home. Currently I have two different links on my iPhones Home Screen.

It would be nice, to be able to switch easily between different instances on the first / start-screen of your app. With your app I wasn’t able at all to switch between them. My impression is, that your control under ‘Change Player’ isn’t able to display them both. It finds the first one and that’s it.

Thanks!
Thomas

Problem connecting WLAN

Hi Monkeyproof,

you really did a great job making this app. It’s by far the most comfortable way to use Volumio. The problem I am seeing here might not be in your app but I hope you might be the one to know about it.

System: Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ with HiFiberry DAC+ / iPhone6 with latest Rev of the app / FW: volumio 2.114 updated to 2.118
Setup after installation: fixed IP, added some radio stations, localized language, enabled the DAC - that’s all.

Problem: After power up + boot the app does not connect to Volumio (name and fixed IP are OK, Port is 3000). However it is possible to call and use the GUI from my PC. Once this has been done, the app will connect too and can be used as expected.

Do you have any advice how to troubleshoot this problem?

Further I would like to add an item to your feature request list:
I would like to have some kind of a default starter that will run after opening the app.
It should provide default settings for every choice the user normally has to take and ends up with a running radio station or playlist.
In short: Click the app and listen to the music.

Best Regards
Andreas

Addition to my post:

I can open the GUI from my iPhone (Safari) and thereafter the app will connect from the same iPhone.

You may want to try with a newly flashed image of 2.118: indded OTA upgrades between those versions encountered several networking issues due to underlying OS changes that do not come with OTA upgrades. You may want to confirm your issues with an new image.

Yes, this might help. I just saw that there is a download of 2.118.

It will take a day or so until I can make the new SD-Card but I will will definitely come back and tell whether things chanced.

@macmpi

your advice was extremely useful. There is obviously some difference between an updated version of 2.118 and the entirely new build download.
With a sd card flashed from the download my problems are gone.

To the maintainers: It is very useful to alter the Rev.No. even when changes are small because changes simply change things - at least for some of us.